SoCal Fires

Black1 said:
Lawdy! That locked MY shit up..... and my connection's pretty stout! :dontknow: :eek: :eek: :p

I'm on a DS-3 and it had me all outta whack too!:eek: sorry!!

I'm fixing it!

Black1 said:
Lawdy! That locked MY shit up..... and my connection's pretty stout! :dontknow: :eek: :eek: :p

It didn't lock me up, but my shit was gyratin' for sure! :p :D

SrtBradsBoss said:
Well just talked to my friend who lives in Running Springs (San Bernadino) is waiting to hear if her and her mom's house are safe or have burned down :( Please keep her in her thoughts. SHe has 3 kids and a husband and she had to leave everythign behind. :(

You all are in our thoughts and prayers...

Bless you all ...

Stefan...

RatMotor said:
Somer's parents own a condo in Ocean Beach they're letting me use, so I'm reasonably comfortable for the moment.

Grew up on sunset cliffs in Ocean Beach...Orchard Avenue...glad you are OK.

Black1 said:
I've been watching these DC-10 pilots on TV, trimming tree-tops, as they dump fire-retardant on the blaze. Absolutely amazing.

fire-retardant.jpg

Did you see the video of the 747 dropping water?!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

ntw0rk said:
Did you see the video of the 747 dropping water?!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

On TV, or where that pic came from? ..... It's too bad they don't make those (that one on the web page was a prototype :( ) ...... 24,000 gallons of water! :eek: :rock:

drop_05.jpg

Last edited:
Arrowhead is having huge problems right now, lots of houses being lost. That is my favorite place in the world, I just hate to see this happen. I hate seeing it happen at all, it is a very sad thing for those involved. I can only imagine how it might feel to lose everything in an instant.

OCBob said:
One of the places we looked at was right there on the backside, with a view your way, it's probably gone I figure. I heard from a friend that he lost his house up there, damn shame.

I am afraid it is not getting any better:( :( :( afternoon shots!!!!!

OCBob said:
Arrowhead is having huge problems right now, lots of houses being lost. That is my favorite place in the world, I just hate to see this happen. I hate seeing it happen at all, it is a very sad thing for those involved. I can only imagine how it might feel to lose everything in an instant.
Mine as well Bob....I hope the Smiley Face malt shop is still up...That place was awesome :D Mike Brady glad to see that you and busey are doing fine, my offer is real and it still stands, I am closer then your Dad by 132 miles ;) :D

Bikerscum thanks for all the updates and for what you do for us here....Whatever that is :dontknow: :D Love ya guys :elefant:

SrtBrad said:
Some of my extended family lives there. Can't get a hold of them and fear the worst.
I'm sure communications aren't working properly. There is likely no landline or cell service available. Let us know when you do hear from them.

I'm ok guys, thanks.......

The fires are on north and south or me but nothing within the projected path of the fire. Here in east Oceanside the wind is dead calm.... Yesterday was a bigtime Santana out of the northeast.... Humidity is very low ....about 6-8%... The sky is choked with ash and soot....The sunlight coming thru is yellow...Everything is covered with a light coating of soot...

Lynette has to wear a mask if she goes outside...

But we don't have to evacuate yet........

God bless us all......................

D

Django said:

The fires are on north and south or me but nothing within the projected path of the fire. Here in east Oceanside the wind is dead calm.... Yesterday was a bigtime Santana out of the northeast.... Humidity is very low ....about 6-8%... The sky is choked with ash and soot....The sunlight coming thru is yellow...Everything is covered with a light coating of soot...

D
You were next on my call list......Cant get through to Patrick or Jack though :(

Django said:

D

Stay safe out there.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back