SoCal Fires

OCBob said:
Didn't reach Jack, but based on the message at his house it sounds like he might have had plans to be out of town.

Well, if the machine is working, it's a safe bet the house is still standing!!

I hope this finds everyone safe and unscathed. If i were closer i'd find a way to help.

Just checking in, got the call to evacuate at 4:30 Monday morning. Thankfully, my GF Somer is out of town for the week. Thew the 2 cats into the truck and booked it out of there. Somer's parents own a condo in Ocean Beach they're letting me use, so I'm reasonably comfortable for the moment. I know a couple of units burned in my apartment complex (La Terraza Apts in Rancho Bernardo) but my answering machine is still picking up, so I'm taking that as a good sign. All my motorcycles are in a seperate garage in a different building, so I won't know anything about them until we're allowed back in.

I hope all our LA and San Diego brothers and sisters make it through unscathed - I'm posting from work now but it looks like we're shutting down for the day, check back in tommorrow.

Stay safe everyone.

I'm Here...Sorry guys, things are really crazy. I get text messages, but for some reason cell phone are not working (I'm assuming antennas down and such..) The people down the street have packed up and shipped out. We are going to hold until the flames get bad and smoke is really a problem. This is worse then the cedar fires 3 years ago....absolutely crazy. The smoke makes your throat and nose just burn....

-Red

Hope it stays ok for you Patrick. It's so weird because we are right in the middle of all these fires, they are virtually on every side of us, but yesterday and today we have had no wind at all and the skies are perfectly blue, there is no evidence of the fires at all.

Well just talked to my friend who lives in Running Springs (San Bernadino) is waiting to hear if her and her mom's house are safe or have burned down :( Please keep her in her thoughts. SHe has 3 kids and a husband and she had to leave everythign behind. :(

OCBob said:
Didn't reach Jack, but based on the message at his house it sounds like he might have had plans to be out of town.

I talked to him on Sunday and he was heading over to Phoenix for a doctor's appointment and to look at the trailer he is having built. Don't know if he stayed over night or not.

Midday ,Backside of Arrowhead fire. About 20 miles, and as close as 10 miles.

includemeout said:
Midday ,Backside of Arrowhead fire. About 20 miles, and as close as 10 miles.
One of the places we looked at was right there on the backside, with a view your way, it's probably gone I figure. I heard from a friend that he lost his house up there, damn shame.

I've been watching these DC-10 pilots on TV, trimming tree-tops, as they dump fire-retardant on the blaze. Absolutely amazing.

fire-retardant.jpg

This'll give you an idea of the magnitude of what they are dealing with!

Sorry1!!! I didn't know it was that big!!

I will get a smaller version!!

:D

:eek::eek:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back