Some progress pics

ends of the bars are adjustable, and then there is the 3 notches on the axel for ride height adjustment

Yeah that'll give you ride height and pinion angle adjustablity but most 4 links have multiple mounting holes on the forward mounting as well to adjust where the suspension exerts its force on the frame

Yeah that'll give you ride height and pinion angle adjustablity but most 4 links have multiple mounting holes on the forward mounting as well to adjust where the suspension exerts its force on the frame

Ill have to check and see whats happening with the front of it, these pics are the progress, there is still the panhard bar and a couple things left to do to finish it up..

Got the motor pulled apart now and who ever built this thing has some serious knowledge problems on how to build a motor.. looking up from the bottom of the engine under the pistons you can see light coming threw or past each piston, the piston has about a 1/16th of an inch gap,, Its insane..

So luckly we pulled it appart before trying to run it.. Luckley nothing is damaged so its just a new custom piston designed for high boost applications, coming for the truck and then we will fix or modify some of the oil journals to increase oil flow and help with the higher rpms.. We are also going with a solid Jessel lifter and solid roller cam, and some 300# springs. Heads are getting a 2.12 valve from a 2.04. And possibly a Dry Sump oil system to be installed as well.. Should be running vary strong up in the 2k rwhp range now when were done with it...

anyhow some pics below of the rear 4link that is now finally done.. Now we are just going to shave a bit off the back of the wheels and fold up the lip in the fender so they can clear with no rubbing issues..

4link

Lower setting

Upper setting

Looks good, sorry to say but man am I glad I never did end up with this truck. Sounds like it was half ass put together. Im glad your getting it all sorted out.

Looks good, sorry to say but man am I glad I never did end up with this truck. Sounds like it was half ass put together. Im glad your getting it all sorted out.

Yeah it was a bit of a hack job that's for sure. But when it's done it will be one insane machine. And at least there was a good platform to start with for the price.

You and me both, I almost had my wife talked into it. The progress is super sweet so far, can't wait to see the finished product.

Damn you could see light through the pistons? That is INSANE!

Rear suspension looks sexy!

Yep the gap between the piston and cylinder wall is huge. Must have droped in the wrong piston or something. Maybe not a full 16th but yes you can see light coming down past the piston.

Yep the gap between the piston and cylinder wall is huge. Must have droped in the wrong piston or something. Maybe not a full 16th but yes you can see light coming down past the piston.

Were the rings installed? If so, yes that would be very abnormal. If the rings were removed, then light would obviously shine past.

Were the rings installed? If so, yes that would be very abnormal. If the rings were removed, then light would obviously shine past.

yep even with rings in..

and it does explain alot.

the videos i shot that had black smoke on acceleration we thought it was running rich, but in reality 2 fuel pumps out of the 3 were dead and it was running lean, what we saw was oil blow by into the cylinder and burning up.

it also explains why my catch can would be full of oil in no time and actually blow oil out of the filter all over the intake box

as well as my threaded oil filler cap , into x metal valve covers, heavy duty threaded steel actually poped out under a hard acceleration pull, I thought i just left it in there lose by accident and it wiggled out.. but it did not..

strange why people put big bux into motors just to build them totally idiotically.. varry strange..

yep even with rings in..

and it does explain alot.

the videos i shot that had black smoke on acceleration we thought it was running rich, but in reality 2 fuel pumps out of the 3 were dead and it was running lean, what we saw was oil blow by into the cylinder and burning up.

it also explains why my catch can would be full of oil in no time and actually blow oil out of the filter all over the intake box

as well as my threaded oil filler cap , into x metal valve covers, heavy duty threaded steel actually poped out under a hard acceleration pull, I thought i just left it in there lose by accident and it wiggled out.. but it did not..

strange why people put big bux into motors just to build them totally idiotically.. varry strange..

WOW!

As mentioned before, at least you got a good platform to start on. Looking forward to the finished results!

Looking good bro! Glad you decided to go all out and open her up! Just saved yourself some mega head aches!

Well things are getting out of controll somehow lol

Soooooooo

We are putting in

1- Darton sleves
2- new custom pistons
3- new billet crank
4- Jessel solid lifters
5- solid roller cam
6- dry sump oil system
7- were gonna attempt to swap the F2 blower out to an F3 if we can with minimal custom bracketry
8-direct port hard line nitrous with a 250 shot

And that's just the motor side. Things getting a lil crazy around here.

Texas mile is out for this October looks like march is the next goal.

I'm very surprised to hear this. Eric seemed to be very knowledgeable and a perfectionist. What does Eric say about all this?

I'm not sure I bought it so my problem not gonna bother him. Wont do anyone any good. But yeah his build was below par that's for sure. But we are going far above and beyond just a repair. This thing is going to be a beast when finished.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back