The Batram's New Engine Bay

Very Nice Carl

Did you smell paint burn off after you had the engine running for a bit? Seems like you may be smelling that for a while with all that rattle can work. Also, I'd be interested to hear how the primer/paint worked on the plastic stuff. Seems that it tends to flake off if not done right.

Carlwalski said:
LOLOL!!! As close as I have come to that is a Batmask on the passenger seat when leaving it parked in the city, anyone looks in will scratch their head a little. I also use the remote start heaps, for example, at a petrol station when I'm coming out, I'll hit the button in my pocket (no one notices) and when I'm 25ft+ away I'll quietly (but audibly to bystanders) say: "Batram - start" and within 2 seconds (I have the timing down) after I've said it, it starts. :D Get some funny as looks haha. That's even without the Batrams voice box engaged, ie: "Batram Activated" in Robocops ED209 voice. :p All good fun eh!

Now, I'm off to do some house renovations.................in the South East corner.

:laugh: That's great. :D :rock: Good job, Carl! It looks great, my Friend. :)

VERY,very well done Carl,TWO THUMBS UP!! Looks killer Carl,you gotta be proud of the Batram,all the Batram stuff done on it has been done very tasteful and not over done,done perfectly,Excellent job Carl!!!:rock: :rock:

Last edited:
Great work Carl. Your truck is awesome!!!
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Nicely done Carl, looks great. Now you need a plan to color match the airfilter and breather elements...

Great work Carl .............. Such attention to detail, I like it.

Jim

Demon 8 said:
Beautiful
I have to ask because some of the shots look like they are out of a magazine quality. What kind of camera do you have...I want one
Thanks bud! I use a pretty average (old) but very good and easy to use Sony DSC-F828. It's a 10 mega pixel camera which in todays standards isn't too impressive lol, was in the day though. I have always said, cameras capture what the eye of the photographer takes, without blowing my own trumpet, a good shot comes down to the person taking it, vision, creativity and a little practise. Car photography is a hobby of mine, like everything else, self taught. :) Just grab a decent camera with all the settings, aperture, shutter speed, contrast controls, etc etc and snap, snap, snap. For a car shoot I'll fire away anywhere from 150-200+ photos. Only 20-30 of those will be perfect, the rest, bin 'em. Doesn't hurt, get creative!! ;)

SonyDSC-F828.jpg

FastRam said:
Nicely done Carl, looks great. Now you need a plan to color match the airfilter and breather elements...
Yup, that is something I am working on along with the engraving and a few other detail touches, but for the most visual part, it's done. :) From what I have found, it's going to be hard getting it black, well, getting it black is easy, the hard part is doing it so it doesn't clog and hinder performance. I'm actually happy with how it is but have it on my "keep an eye out" list hahaha.

Thanks once again everyone for the kind words and opinions. :cheers:

TREKER said:
Did you smell paint burn off after you had the engine running for a bit? Seems like you may be smelling that for a while with all that rattle can work. Also, I'd be interested to hear how the primer/paint worked on the plastic stuff. Seems that it tends to flake off if not done right.
Just about forgot to reply to this one, my bad. Good question bud. I ran it in as per a few of the local paint shops suggested doing. Run at idle for 10, cool for 10, run at idle for 20, cool for 20 then take it for a cruisey 30 minutes drive and that cures it. I haven't seen any flakes as yet but will keep an eye on it. You do smell it curing, like any paint, can or booth, it's all sprayed on. I've painted a lot of things so am not too bad and I always take my time. I paint the plastic stuff that isn't close to heat with black interior paint, the same I used on the interior, works real well. Primer first then coat with 2 light coats, if needed a 3rd heavier coat can be applied. Like anything, taking your time and following the instructions on the can/package to a T and there really are no issues, as long as you buy and use the correct paint for that application. :)

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
looks like crap Carl! black? are you kidding me?:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch:

kik ass job bud:rock: :D
Last but not least, thanks HEAPS to Tony for sending my coil packs out as SOON as he got them, then replacing the damaged ones within 24 hours, fantastic service, can't say enough. That's how you take care of a customer. Thanks again Tony. At this stage, it's hard for me to tell if there is an "power" increase from the coil packs, seat of the pants. It's been over a month since I last drove it so hard for me to judge, my initial reaction is that there is. Definitely a lot crisper sounding and feel to it, very pleased. :)

There were a few slight issues, 1 of these is I now have 2 CELs. 1 was the battery heat temp socket under the battery tray in the engine bay. Since I removed it, like most, I just cabled tied it out the way. I cleared that code and it's no longer there. I do have one remaining DTC. It's: P0463 - FUEL LEVEL SENSOR 1 CIRCUIT HIGH. I tried to clear it wit the SCT as well but it won't go away lol, it still comes back. Not even sure why it's popping up, unless removing the intake caused it due to the fuel lines quick release being disconnected then reinstalled, any ideas on a fix? Nothing worse than that little orange CEL light in your peripheral vision, been a long time since I've had one too! Last one is sluggy start ups, I think this is due to the relocated battery in the back, I have to hold the start button down longer than stock. Like 2-3 seconds. I think as it takes longer to draw amps from a greater distance, no? This is all that comes to mind. Nothing serious though, I'll get them sorted. :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back