Things you don't like about the SRT-10

LOL! for a sec i thought you were describing your lightning!

Ugly as hell steering wheel
Brake Dust
Interior is a plastic pile of shit
AC does not cool for crap in AZ during summer
Gas mileage sucks
No digital climate control or dual zone
Too heavy. They could've lightened it up a hell of a lot
Interior is a joke
Tonneau cover is a pain in the ass. I bought a truck to use it as a truck
No automatic lights? WTF
Shitty interior
Needs HID's
Ride height is way too high
Ugly ram badges
The stock exhaust note is just plain embarassing
Did I mention the interior is plastic garbage!

Black1 said:
Yep, I got .03 seconds into that clip and shut it off.... :eek: :D :dontknow: :confused: :( :dontknow: ;)
Took me about 15 seconds... I was waiting for something funny to happen and it didn't. :(

05BLACKVIPER said:
i think he was saying QUIT YER BITCHIN.:D
Yeah I got that when I was looking at the other videos next to it with titles like 'How to get a baby to stop crying' lol

I agree the steering wheel is pretty bad. they could have done a better job with the lowering of the truck from the factory. Maybe give it some special badging besides the stock ram caps and front emblem. I would have liked to see them put on prjection headlights, not the low visability bulbs they use.

I've had mine for about 2 weeks. Since I paid significantly less for my previously-loved 10 than many folks paid for new units, I'm not as picky about some things. However...

1) It doesn't >sound< like a 505 inch engine. Perhaps I'm too accustomed to V8 noises. I want a nice low rumble.

2) Valvetrain sounds like a slant 6 when warm. (Not to besmirch the good name of the legendary slant 6, but the sound really isn't befitting a Viper V10.)

3) Way too high for a sport truck. I should not have to use the Jebus grip to vault over the seat bolster.

4) Stereo...RB4. 500 Whaaaats? Heh. And it won't play my goth-rock MP3 compilation CDs. Bummer.

5) Shifter needs to be about 4 inches shorter. I'm not driving a rat rod.

6) The seats in my spousal-unit's Stratus are more supportive than the 10 seats. Not that they're bad, I just expected a bit more from a vehicle marketed as the most bad-ass sport-truck in the world.

Other than that, I really like this truck. The more I drive it, the more I like it. It's a keeper.

Tim

sealalot said:
Some of you may think I'm crazy for saying this, but I think this truck has an identity crisis. Which brings me to the only thing that bothers me about this truck: The fact that it says Viper on the motor, "Viper powered" on the damn hood, and some of the other Viper cues in the interior. don't get me wrong, I love this truck and I love the Viper cars, but this truck is cool enough without hanging on the coat tails of the Viper car!

The Dodge Viper is an awesome machine and so is the Ram SRT-10. But they are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT VEHICLES. This truck would have been received much better if it had it's own identity..separate from the Viper car. I think sometimes the whole Viper-truck image make people forget it's just a pickup with a Viper motor. They expect something more. Bottom line it is an awesome, fast ride and I love it. However, I think the whole Viper connection inflates some people's expectations of what our trucks are really capable of. In the end, it's just a fast, beautiful truck. Dodge should have called it something simple the "Ram 505", used the same drivetrain but ditched the "hey, look at me..Viper! Viper! Viper!" valve covers, replaced the Viper shift knob with one that pairs much better with a Hurst shifter...duh....a Hurst shift knob, and called it a day.

I'm with you on that. Maybe if it was marketed as a Viper Truck and was equipped from the factory with Viper badges I'd be cool with it.

When people ask me what I drive I just say I have a Dodge Ram.

I think everyone has some good ideas.

I do know every time I drive down to the beach I always get the thumbs up from some random guy in some jacked up rice eater:) or the random girl in a convertible sebring:D

Well the only things I might be missing in my 05 QC are as follows:

1. A nice navigation system. I'm a visual guy and would love to see a map.
2. That center console has to go. Hell i can get something better in a Ford:(
3. The dash has to go. We should have something better than that.

I do know we are paying for the V-10 but please give us some nice stuff too. This truck is the best thing to hit the market in years and I would pay some more for some nice features.

05viper qb said:
I love my truck. It could had came with heated seats

Shoulda got an 06! ;) :D

I think they listened to all the gripes about the 04/05 interior. I think the 06 interior is phenominal. :)

Originally Posted by 05viper qb
I love my truck. It could had came with heated seats

Roz-SRT said:
Shoulda got an 06! ;) :D

I think they listened to all the gripes about the 04/05 interior. I think the 06 interior is phenominal. :)

I got heated seats :D

2005 QC

1. No power passenger seat.
2. No auto exterior lights.
3. Power fold in mirrors.

only things I could nit pick about, but they should be there cuz of the price tag! Some $20K cars have those.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back