Things you don't like about the SRT-10

mopower1958 said:
The only thing I hate about my truck is if I am in a hurry and stop to get gas, and I know all of you have experienced this, somebody will come up and ask "Hey is this one of those Viper trucks? Do you mind if I look under the hood? What all you got done to it? How fast is it? I bet it sucks on gas mileage huh?" I really don't hate these questions, it is just inconvenient sometimes. Lately if I have to stop for gas I just leave 15 minutes earlier. Other than that I love my truck!!!

You need to be ugly and anti-social looking like me.:eek: Most people just leave me alone.:( :D

The one and only thing is the damn shifter, other than that, they are going to bury me in my truck, unless my grandson talks me into giving it to him.

1. Entire shift system (shifter, clutch and clutch components)
2. I also would have liked color keyed mirrors and handles (I want to shave my handles now)
3. A black interior would have been nice.
4. Stock Pirellis
5. A quick clip/lever system to remove the wing would have been cool.

All of these are very minor, well other than #1.

ccfeyh said:
The one and only thing is the damn shifter, other than that, they are going to bury me in my truck, unless my grandson talks me into giving it to him.

I am in the minority with the shifter issue. I happen to love the stock shifter. I think it looks so badass, the way it kinda curves toward the driver and the big HURST letters on the metal. Sweet. It even looks cooler from the passenger side. When someone climbs into the passenger seat for a "ride" and sees it, they're like "shit, what am I getting myself into? I better put on my seatbelt. Oh shit, I hope he doesn't kill me."

Once I got the knack of shifting, I haven't had any problems hitting third gear at all. I've done eight runs at the track so far with this truck. My only issue is traction. I've never missed a shift yet at the track, and I never miss one anymore on the street.

I live in a rural area, so not much stop and go driving. My truck isn't a daily driver either, so I (knock on wood) think I'll get more life outta my clutch than most people. Yes, I can tell it's a shitty clutch but oh well. Can't have it all. When it goes, I will upgrade to the Viper components.

Patrick (aka dragon) yesterday said the Circle K 44 oz cups fit in their like magic.
PaddyOBrian said:
I forgot about those awful cup holders in my '05. I just keep that thing shut.

Automatic headlights would have been awesome.

Color keyed mirros and door handles would be nice as well.

I didn't like the exhaust set-up at first but it grew on me and I really like the look of it, now.

wo1sjb said:
5. 500 watt sound system only sounds like it has front speakers and no rear speakers other than the afore mentioned rattle maker (yes I have adjusted the fade, balance, bass, etc.).
:D

according to some Theory of stereo systems the sound should ever come in front of the listener, so rear speakers are useless for me.

anyway, too much plastic, RB4 doesn't work in Europe:mad:, 1,5 din radio sucks but they upgraded the 06 MY up, tonneau cover doesn't have a lock, plastic mirrors and handles, antenna of course.

by the way these are minor issues, this thing is beautiful! :D :D

i'll add the freeking RBQ radio which just died on me (although I consider it to be a good thing :D )

What's with the "picknick" table under the rear seat? :dontknow: did anyone use this in their life? :confused:

Airco must have been automatic and more powerfull for this kind of truck

Tailgate lock (but again a cheap aftermarket product)

Ohter then these peanuts, I'll looooove it :burnout:

Floor said:
i'll add the freeking RBQ radio which just died on me (although I consider it to be a good thing :D )
I just had that happen as well. I was crazy enough to replace it with another RBQ only to discover that Dodge upgraded it. They removed the scratchy sliders and the 'flat' EQ was much more properly tuned. I don't regret it.:D

Something I remembered... We have dual zone AC but no vents in the back.... Kinda weird! :dontknow:

The fact the I'm married and I can't use it to...................PIMP THEM HOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLLA!

why I have many complaints... it's the only vehicle I've ever owned where I bought 2 of....
1:Mirrors should be color coated and have a button to fold them in.
2:The dash should have an optional carbon fiber or brushedalum kit... the headliner should be that faux suede
3: the lights should be hid's and auto
4: qc should have a 6 speed tranny
5: the truck should be AWD
6: side pipes or quad exhaust should be standard
7: dodge shouldn't put silly stickers on the truck
8: the seats suck... pretty much
9: their should be voice commands for radio/nav/bluetooth operations
10: the driver should have the ability to have the engine run in an economy mode

I'm sure there's more... I still love my truck...

tidnab said:
9: their should be voice commands for radio/nav/bluetooth operations

There is voice command for the bluetooth . . :rock:

I wish (well the old lady wishes) the roofline were a little higher that way when shes riding me in the passenger seat she wouldnt need the football helmet.

I love everything about it, not 1 single thing I don't like, honestly.

If I was forced to choose it would be the MPG, but, that isn't an issue. You don't buy them unless you can feed them.

:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back