Trainman's Ultimate NA Build

Spoke with Kevin today, looks like we will be shooting for Feb 20-21 for startup on the Dyno.

So no word or info on how the piston tops will be prepared prior to assembly?

Cheers

thats what i was wonderin. top of pistons. top of pistons & combustion chamber:dontknow:

Spoke with Kevin a few minutes ago. He says that nothing needs to be done to the tops of the pistons. The short block is assembled and 1 head has been test fitted. Both heads will go on shortly. Chris Jensen will be arriving on Sat. Feb. 28th for the tune. First start-up should be on the Wed. or Thurs. before and I will be there for that. I'll try to get video. Kevin will be sending me several new photos when he gets a chance. Getting close guys!

Thanks for the update and follow up. Look forward to the next phase.

I personally would be concerned about detonation prevention techniques. Removal of any sharp edges on piston tops in conjunction with a glass bead blast treatment to give a uniform surface for carbon to collect on etc.

There is a bump in overall compression on this engine correct?

Cheers guys :)

Got this from Kevin today.

Hi Jerry,

I haven't really been paying attention to the weather but the guys reminded me this morning that they are forecasting rain/snow on Friday and snow on Saturday. Temperatures ranging from a low of 25 to a high of 44. This presents a couple of problems; first is that we can't open the inlet ventilation for the dyno if its snowing or raining hard. The second problem and more critical for mapping the injection is the temperature. We typically won't try to map if the temperature in the dyno cell is below 55 degrees. That usually requires the outside ambient temp to be at least 50 F. Saturday's morning low is going to be 25. I'm going to call Chris and see what he thinks.

Kevin Singleton

Re plumb the intake to draw heated air from the shop, seems like and extremely lame excusefrom a shop of that caliber. "it's too cold" really?!

Awesome build man, cant wait to see what it puts down once its all together. I dont plan to do much to mine. I pretty much live out in the country and being mine doesnt have the door or tail gate emblems, most wont know or notice mine is a SRT model. Just the people who know me. Youre taking what in stock form is a ridiculous and awesome idea...500 horse rc truck with a 6spd and taking it to a crazy level. Handle up on some vettes and shelbys on the street and make them wonder wtf is in that truck lol

Just got 10 new pictures from Kevin, sent them to SRTBrad, should be up in a day or two. Heads and intake are on, pistons and rods are in, getting close. This is like awaiting a new baby....or a Frankenstein Monster (Gen III block, Gen IV heads, Gen V intake, everything custom made!). !!!!!

Anxiously waiting on the results of this. I know your head flow numbers were off the charts so this thing should be a monster.

Here some new pics:

Finished%20Crankshaft%20SM_zpsqcmdy0je.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back