What made you decide to buy a 10?

gunu said:
i was puting gas in my 03 hemi when this guy in a silver 10 took off from the station smokin down the tires , felt fuel hose go limp lol. then traded hemi for the beast !!!!!! never get tired of this thing, think im a little crazy cause sometimes in the evening i go in the garage and say goodnite !!!!!

Not crazy at all!!! I feel the same way :D I feel like it shouldn't be in the garage, I want to give it it's own room in the house.

I'm a MoPar fan, through and through and have always liked Dodge Rams from the mid 80s boxes to the modern rounded more aggressive styling, the front grill of them are just awesome and beasty. At first when I made the call to proceed I was going to look for a Hemi (Black SuperBee) because I preferred the sound of the V8 and the videos I found of these trucks sound awful, like tinny rice - yuck!! However, I preferred the styling cues of the SRT/10 Rams so did a lot of homework on a deep exhaust to help rid the so called "exotic stock note". Billy Boat was the answer. In person the stock truck actually sounded better but when the B&B was installed - WHOA, what a difference, like exotic V8 idle with a nice tinge of European orchestra mixed in through the rev range - pure bliss. So glad I stuck with the SRT/10s......Hemi Rams are quite common, even down here but SRT/10s are rare as hen’s teeth, let alone the 06 year, a Night Runner and finally a BATRAM. I'm hooked and have made mine my own and just love it. :)

Good thread idea.

Prof said:
I was in love from the moment I first saw the concept truck in 2003:

Resized_dodge_ram_srt10_2002_03_b.jpg

déjà vu!:D
Roy you still have the same answer!:congrats:

I almost forgot mine till I reread this thread!:laugh:

Someone told me that a viper engined truck would make my penis look bigger................. didn't work, but it's been a fun ride.

Now if I can keep Ali from trading it in on a Camaro...................

I have loved these trucks since I heard of the idea back in the day. I was amazed to see this truck even produced and just had to own/drive a rc v10 manual trans 2x4 pickup. It is awesome. I do wish they would have made a muscle version that would have been better suited for daily driving.

i was up for a new company vehicle. been riding duramaz's for about 3 years and modding them. hadnt even heard about the 10's until my brother showed them to me. went and bought a QC b/c it was my daily driver at the time. the rest is history. i dont say goodnight to mine but i did apologize to it yesterday for it being so dusty.

The bank wouldn't loan me the money to turn my dakota r/t into a dakota srt10 so i sold the dakota and bought a real ten......... love the ram but miss the dakota

As soon as I say it, I knew it was a going to be a collector item in about 10 years.

The price has dropped by 50% or more, but it as soon as the market come back, and people start getting money that surplus of funds again, the demand will increase as well as the price.

That why mine will stay unmolested.

OSO said:
9K PER YEAR????????????

Ya i was 25 and just had an accident, so they wanted to jack me big time.. even the truck is about 4k a year.. which still sucks big time but better than 9

The market is always a gamble but these trucks were only made 3 years. They will eventually greatly appreciate. The gamble is how soon????????

Saw one, Wanted one, Found one, Drove one, GREAT price, Bought it.

Now I Own one :)

What else needs to be said.. :)

Awesome thread. I used to work for our local DOdge dealership and being an avid GM fan I payed them no mind. The rams with the 318s and 360s were nice but when the 4.7 came out I was like WTF is this doing in a truck. GOt the mileage my 10 gets now! Well then the Hemi shortly followed and it was a giant step in the right direction, but I still could walk them in my 5.3 Chevy. Well the 10 came out and I talked our GM into driving it for about 5 miles as it only had that amount on it already, and he finally agreed. I loved it!!!, ,but couldn't afford 50K with my employee discount so I waited. Well last year I looked at trucks and wanted something new with a long warranty and I bought an 08' Silverado with all the bells and whistles. My first new truck since 93'. I was a proud papa and just started tinkering with it when, after 5 months of ownership was sideswiped by a bitch running late for work and totalled my BRAND new truck. Well when I bought the truck last year I saved 12K due to the employee discount pricing and year end closeout. When I went to buy another new one 09' they quit making the [package I had except in an LTZ ( leather, heated mirrors and seats,two tone interior, Onstar,Sunroof, BLack,Black, and Black.) Not only that but couldn't get close to the deal I got just a few months prior, so I said F'it I'm gonna see what the economy has done to the SRT10 I wanted from the get go and I made a great deal on a 1 owner Black QC that is VENOMOUS!! And yes, I do as well tell her goodnight and I wish I had a room in the house for her. She also is told in advance of her beauty appointments and hand massages. She gets rubbed more than my wife as well. LOL

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back