x-metal drop

Soooo does anybody know why the QC's have a two piece drive shaft,and the RC's only the single ???:dontknow:

BlackKnight said:
Re-checked all my angles this weekend with Pat and they are within factory specs. However, the carrier bearing will need to be replaced as it looks as if it has come loose from the rubber-looking mounting stuff:dontknow: This is allowing the driveshaft to move all over the place which I believe is causing the vibration. Will get this replaced ASAP and see if that stops the vibration. Will let ya know

Blackknight

any updates ?:)

Update: Truck is in the shop as of yesterday morning and the carrier bearing does not need replacing; I guess thats how it loks normally:dontknow: Seems that my angles are all off on the truck, i.e. pinion angle and the others. They will be working on it today and hopefully will have solved the issue by days end. :rock:

BlackKnight said:
Update: Truck is in the shop as of yesterday morning and the carrier bearing does not need replacing; I guess thats how it loks normally:dontknow: Seems that my angles are all off on the truck, i.e. pinion angle and the others. They will be working on it today and hopefully will have solved the issue by days end. :rock:
Any Update on the repair?

They are still working on it. They removed the shims under the rear tranny mounts, I think they put spacers under the carrier bearing and they keep adjusting the pinion angle a dergee at a time and checking it. Its getting better but still needs work. Should know more by tomorrow morning.

BlackKnight said:
They are still working on it. They removed the shims under the rear tranny mounts, I think they put spacers under the carrier bearing and they keep adjusting the pinion angle a dergee at a time and checking it. Its getting better but still needs work. Should know more by tomorrow morning.

ANY UPDATES:dontknow: VERY INTERESTING THREAD:rock:

It would be very helpful if you could post all angle measurements of what works best for future reference.

Picked the truck up yesterday from the dealership. They tried to get all the angles dialed in but everytime they went to tighten everything down it would shift, mostly the pinion angle; they just don't have the right equipment to hold everything still. The vibration is less but still there, however, they gave me info about a driveline shop that works on dodge trucks, hopefully they will be able to do it. Also will see about them installing my cal-tracs at the same time. Waiting to hear back from them so I will keep everyone posted. I'll be sure to record the angle measurements once all is said and done to help everyone else out.

Sorry that you're having so much difficulty.

Got ahold of the driveline shop. They said a vibration you get from accelerating from a dead stop is not due to an incorrect pinion angle. A wrong pinion angle would give a vibration at higher speeds while driving and since the driveshaft is spinning much faster. The vibration I get from accelerating is due to axle wrap and/or bad springs. Since my truck is brand new, I don't think it could be the springs (but I've heard that the RC springs are better on the QC's, anyone else heard of that or heard about swapping QC springs for RC ones?). But since lowering the truck changes weight transfer its most likely axle wrap and the cal-tracs I have should prevent that. So my truck goes in next friday to have the cal-tracs installed which he said should solve the problem. If thats the case, we should put together a group-buy for the cal-tracs for us QC guys.
I think it sucks that if you want to lower the QC you have to spend an additional $$ on traction bars to make the drop kit work and the truck to run,ride properly.

The QC Springs are crap. They really are and it makes no sense to me on how DC could epuip the RC's with better springs than the QC.

BTW. The 06 springs may be different than the 05 leafs. I do have an extra set of RC springs off of an 05. If you are interested, shoot me a PM

outnumbered said:
It would be very helpful if you could post all angle measurements of what works best for future reference.

Here are the angles that the dealership techs set my truck to and what they should be: First, the angles should all be within 1 degree of each other. Heres what mine are set to: 15 degrees for the transmission to driveshaft, 14 degrees at the carrier bearing and 13 1/2 for pinion angle. They don't have the proper tools to get mine 1/2 degree back in so thats why I have to take it to a off-road/drivetrain shop to do it. Hope that helps all you QC guys with problems.

Well I just have to bitch! I haven't been on for a while but I brought this problem up months ago and Boomer told me I had something wrong, blah, blah, blah. WELL APPARENTLY NOT!!!!!!!! Finally I know how to fix the ^$%#$%ing thing!

Five posts...hmmmm...not much of an effort to find a solution. Come on 200, feel free to ask for help...we can't assist if you don't ask for help...also here is the phone number for Boomer: (812) 453-4862.

How about picking up the telephone and talking man to man...?

Hope this helps.

this is the first i have seen of this thread. call me 812-477-1740. to fix a QC is easy. we know what the problem is, and i have you covered. just give me a call

5 months later and a set of caltracs, i still have the vibration and i had it professionaly installed. So the truck sits in the garage. Boomer whats the fix? I'll give you a call when i get back from my cruise.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back