Blackviper Engine Build

Ram From Hell said:
(insert wrong answer buzzer noise here)

(and again here)

No, I'm sorry. That was an itty bitty Paxton. ;)

I believe 1fast had the first top mount ROE. I believe that ROE was later sold to Eddie. And I believe there may have been a shot of nitrous hidden on the back of 1fast ROE install.

tinygiants said:
I believe 1fast had the first top mount ROE. I believe that ROE was later sold to Eddie. And I believe there may have been a shot of nitrous hidden on the back of 1fast ROE install.

Aw crap. Why did I get this guy mixed up with Mike (you know, the shampoo guy:p )?:dontknow:

My bad.:eek:

Last edited:
Ram From Hell said:
Aw crap. Why did I get this guy mixed up with Mike?:dontknow:

My bad.:eek:

By my spotty memory, Mike had the only run that was not surrounded by controversy. 1fast always had controversy due to his perceived lack of proof. The video footage showed up a long time after his claims.

But none of that matters, as this build stands on its own merit.

I am looking forward to see his results.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. It should be on the dyno within the next 30 days.

So if your intercooler does it's job and your Roe makes good #'s is the intercooler design going to be for sale:dontknow:

Your truck looks great man.

All the custom touches really show nicely.

The console and shifter really look great.

Very interested how much of a variation on the mixture shows between cyls, when you start tuning. You are I believe the first truck to have 10 O2 sensors to monitor the AFR in every CYL. I have a Race Data data logger system that does the individual CYLS, but it has yet to run on the silver truck.

1slow400 was spraying a 200+ shot, claiming he was not spraying.
He had a problem of reality and his perception, they seldom had the same meaning.

Yes Kyle. I just don't know who is going to handle it yet. I'd like to let Sean take this on if he wants. If not, I'll make other arrangements.

Thanks Jack. Just a note. I have 8 widebands not 10. I have one in the first, middle and last cylinder of each bank and one on each midpipe behind the factory O2s to average the banks out. Sean says he will be able to average out the other 4 cylinders.

tinygiants said:
By my spotty memory, Mike had the only run that was not surrounded by controversy. 1fast always had controversy due to his perceived lack of proof. The video footage showed up a long time after his claims.

But none of that matters, as this build stands on its own merit.

I am looking forward to see his results.

I must be sniffing too much race gas fumes. I was thinking of nowwhat fer chrissakes!

Damn. The brain's just not what it used to be.:canabis:

Installed an REC radio off a 2007 Jeep SRT-8, the lockpick, rear view camera, front view camera and Ipod interface with video capability. It should be a sweet setup. I haven't tested it yet but will do so next weekend. I'll also post pics then.

This is 1Fast400. Here is the truth.

My truck was the first TMTS out of Roe Racing. They had done a side mount that didn't work out as planned prior to mine. My truck was a complete build. It had strikers, jessels, blah blah. ATS attempted to build a converter for it, which was a nightmare. I think Roe pulled it 3-4x out of the truck for having so many issues. The truck made it's run in the video's with a suncoast tranny. I eventually got a tranny from westminster, the guy that did nowwhat's (sp?) tranny. Although it never made a pass down the track with that transmission in it. It just made a 400 mile trip.

Sean did put nitrous on the truck. The bottle was mounted under the rear seat. It was activated by a sensor on the back of the gas peddle. I do not recall how large of a shot it was. I do know for a fact we never got it over 150. That was what the truck was setup for after the run in the video. Someone would have to ask Sean, but I believe we were setup at a 100 shot at that point. He wanted to see how things went before stepping it up. On that run you can see the flags blowing straight up the track. You can also hear the wind in the video. The owner of Darlington told us the wind shifts at night, hence why we waited. My uncle did the video, he left that afternoon before we ran again at night. In the original video you can see my brother walking to the passegner side of the truck, that was to cut the bottle on. I would do a burnout with everything off. Then I'd put in the new card, he'd cut the bottle on and check the pressure, then I'd make a run. The final was 10.86 at 126 with a 5-10mph tailwind, as the wind shifted just like he said. I was running a 10.5" outlaw tire on the back.

There were no gear changes, but the rearend was changed to accomidate the rear brakes so we could put a slick on it. We were having oil issues with the truck. That's why I took it back to Roe after that visit. Once tore down, we realized the pickup was all messed up. It was suggested to send it off to be cryo'd. We got a new front cover, cryo'd the new pump and increased the shot of nitrous. Sean did some other tuning as well. For whatever reason he could never get the thing to dyno, so I never had a number on it. No clue why that was the case.

Once the truck went back together, I drove it home. The plan was to do more testing and shoot for the 10.60ish range. We weren't pushing the limits of the truck with the nitrous, I wasn't interested in frying a motor. On the way home, I lost oil pressure in charlotte, nc. I had to pull over and pray to god nothing was destroyed. I called Roe with no return calls, no communication, no nothing. This was after taking 60,000 dollars for their services. I had the car towed to a friend of mines house in charlotte. I live about 120 miles from there. I called underground racing and asked if they could help me. Luckily, they were willing to assist as Roe was out of the picture now. Upon pulling the motor, the oil gear was shattered into 1000 pieces. I'm not sure what happened, but whoever cryo'd it didn't do a good job. I won't go int more details about the things that were found, but I'm glad I found underground. Since that day, I've purchased two cars from them. The blue one most of you have seen and a 05 srt that is being done now. The truck is still at their place. My name is flowerpot because that is what we call the truck. As far as I'm concered, I wish this truck were burnt to the ground. It was cursed from the first day and did nothing but bring me problems. A lot of problems I brought on myself.

The truck will eventually be put back together this year. It will have a paxton on it, an AEM, just ported factory heads and other basic stuff. I had to have the transmission gone through as it was screwed up as well (paid 8k for it). At this point, I just want the truck to be in working order and problem free for 1k miles. Then I'll worry about what to do with it.

I'm sorry for the crap I caused on these boards years ago. Yes, I lied about the nitrous as I got caught up in the game of being the fastest. Sean wanted to keep everything hidden, hence the location of the bottle, sensor, etc. At the end of the day, none of that stuff matters. I'll assume by the time all of this is done, I'll have over 100k just in mods/fixing to this truck, not counting the cost of the truck. I tried to do everything right, with no expense spared. Sadly, I was taken advantage of in quite a few cases, which made me a bitter person as well. No excuse for that.

Good luck on all of your builds. I will understand if some of you hate me. Most of you have seen me post on viper alley and I'm sure see a different person. If I can help any of you guys with info, I will. I'm not into an E-Dick competition at this point. Feel free to call Sean to verify any of the nitrous details, assuming he still has his notes. I do know that with no nitrous, on the first pass, we ran around 11.38 with that same head wind.

My truck was the first TMTS out of Roe Racing. They had done a side mount that didn't work out as planned prior to mine. My truck was a complete build. It had strikers, jessels, blah blah. ATS attempted to build a converter for it, which was a nightmare. I think Roe pulled it 3-4x out of the truck for having so many issues. The truck made it's run in the video's with a suncoast tranny. I eventually got a tranny from westminster, the guy that did nowwhat's (sp?) tranny. Although it never made a pass down the track with that transmission in it. It just made a 400 mile trip.

Sean did put nitrous on the truck. The bottle was mounted under the rear seat. It was activated by a sensor on the back of the gas peddle. I do not recall how large of a shot it was. I do know for a fact we never got it over 150. That was what the truck was setup for after the run in the video. Someone would have to ask Sean, but I believe we were setup at a 100 shot at that point. He wanted to see how things went before stepping it up. On that run you can see the flags blowing straight up the track. You can also hear the wind in the video. The owner of Darlington told us the wind shifts at night, hence why we waited. My uncle did the video, he left that afternoon before we ran again at night. In the original video you can see my brother walking to the passegner side of the truck, that was to cut the bottle on. I would do a burnout with everything off. Then I'd put in the new card, he'd cut the bottle on and check the pressure, then I'd make a run. The final was 10.86 at 126 with a 5-10mph tailwind, as the wind shifted just like he said. I was running a 10.5" outlaw tire on the back.

There were no gear changes, but the rearend was changed to accomidate the rear brakes so we could put a slick on it. We were having oil issues with the truck. That's why I took it back to Roe after that visit. Once tore down, we realized the pickup was all messed up. It was suggested to send it off to be cryo'd. We got a new front cover, cryo'd the new pump and increased the shot of nitrous. Sean did some other tuning as well. For whatever reason he could never get the thing to dyno, so I never had a number on it. No clue why that was the case.

Once the truck went back together, I drove it home. The plan was to do more testing and shoot for the 10.60ish range. We weren't pushing the limits of the truck with the nitrous, I wasn't interested in frying a motor. On the way home, I lost oil pressure in charlotte, nc. I had to pull over and pray to god nothing was destroyed. I called Roe with no return calls, no communication, no nothing. This was after taking 60,000 dollars for their services. I had the car towed to a friend of mines house in charlotte. I live about 120 miles from there. I called underground racing and asked if they could help me. Luckily, they were willing to assist as Roe was out of the picture now. Upon pulling the motor, the oil gear was shattered into 1000 pieces. I'm not sure what happened, but whoever cryo'd it didn't do a good job. I won't go int more details about the things that were found, but I'm glad I found underground. Since that day, I've purchased two cars from them. The blue one most of you have seen and a 05 srt that is being done now. The truck is still at their place. My name is flowerpot because that is what we call the truck. As far as I'm concered, I wish this truck were burnt to the ground. It was cursed from the first day and did nothing but bring me problems. A lot of problems I brought on myself.

The truck will eventually be put back together this year. It will have a paxton on it, an AEM, just ported factory heads and other basic stuff. I had to have the transmission gone through as it was screwed up as well (paid 8k for it). At this point, I just want the truck to be in working order and problem free for 1k miles. Then I'll worry about what to do with it.

I'm sorry for the crap I caused on these boards years ago. Yes, I lied about the nitrous as I got caught up in the game of being the fastest. Sean wanted to keep everything hidden, hence the location of the bottle, sensor, etc. At the end of the day, none of that stuff matters. I'll assume by the time all of this is done, I'll have over 100k just in mods/fixing to this truck, not counting the cost of the truck. I tried to do everything right, with no expense spared. Sadly, I was taken advantage of in quite a few cases, which made me a bitter person as well. No excuse for that.

Good luck on all of your builds. I will understand if some of you hate me. Most of you have seen me post on viper alley and I'm sure see a different person. If I can help any of you guys with info, I will. I'm not into an E-Dick competition at this point. Feel free to call Sean to verify any of the nitrous details, assuming he still has his notes. I do know that with no nitrous, on the first pass, we ran around 11.38 with that same head wind.

Subscribing......... Dyno day has to be coming near and I don't wanna miss it!

George, thanks for taking us with you on your build! I just went back through it from top to bottom and got all the pics!

You know Lysholm use to have a spec sheet up and going off of that i got the 1400-ish number that has been running around in my head. But going off your calculated rev's that puts you at 1864cfm.... the Whipple site says max continuous rev's is 16,000 and overspeed is 18,000. With max cfm (i assume @ 18,000 rpms) is 2030cfm. Now the only thing I can find on Lysholm is the cfm per rev and at 18,000 that would give you 2097cfm. That tosses what I've thought for the last year out the window.

As a comparison

ATI F1-1525
ATI F2-2700
Novi 2200-1450

Last edited:
Your welcome Jay. I plan on having the truck dyno'd in the middle of April. I just have one thing left to do which is move the purge lines and lights a few inches back on the cowl. Since installing the Venom hood, they sit to far foward and if used would hit the hood. All else is done.

With the current pulley combination, I should be spinning the Lysholm about 16500 RPMs at 6000 engine RPMs. Sean says I can push the Lysholm to 18000 RPMs but I want to wait to have the S/C ported and the bearings upgraded by PSE. Ed at PSE says if I do both, the S/C will be reliable at those RPMs.

What CFMs will the Lysholm push at 16500 RPMs?

Last edited:
it's .1165 cfm per rev.

so 1922.5 The last one i went off was a graph on their site said 1100..

And that doesn't make sense because they both are 3.3L blowers so the should displace the same amount of air... I guess the 635 was just luck :dontknow:

bigike said:
it's .1165 cfm per rev.

so 1922.5 The last one i went off was a graph on their site said 1100..

And that doesn't make sense because they both are 3.3L blowers so the should displace the same amount of air... I guess the 635 was just luck :dontknow:

Displacing the same amount of air but at what efficiency? I think that is where the total capacity of the blowers (in cfm/rpm) makes up the difference.

Robert is a 3.3L is volume in the housing or is it the amount of air it can put out over time/rpm? I think its the displacement of the housing.

I think Robert is refering to heat generated by the S/C at those rpms. Obviously, design and materials can vary the temperature output which in effect will increase or decrease the S/C efficiency.

bigike said:
Robert is a 3.3L is volume in the housing or is it the amount of air it can put out over time/rpm? I think its the displacement of the housing.

Both theoretically move 3.3L per rev. That does not take into account air leaking around the rotors or decreased density due to heat. Whipple moves more cfm from theirs by spinning them faster (up to 7k more rpm). The performance sheet that you can get from lyscholm's site is for the rear fed unit not the top feed that Roe uses. I would expect about 5% less peak cfm from the top feed. The rpm difference accounts for the 60m3/min peak for whipple and 35m3/min for lysholm.

Now for the efficiency we can only assume since Whipple hasn't published any maps (that I have seen). Lysholm claims 0.1165 cf/rev Whipple claims 0.1189cf/rev. Both in stock form are designed to create around 18psi of boost both can be modified though (HPR versions for 30+psi).

Can either hit the 1000HP mark? If 2200cfm of airflow is required to hit 1000 then neither can. It would take over 18,500rpm with either one. Now if it takes only 1300cfm then either could do it. Hmm I have read about a new 3.4L that can do it (w210ax).

I hope that this helps :dontknow:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back