Change in priorities

BlackMamba50

#10pistonkilla
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the title says it all, I am having a change in priorities. I'm at a cross roads with my 10. Keep, sale, trade? I don't have the answer yet. Really don't want to trade her in, not giving the dealer a set of Striker Heads. I need to get the tranny rebuilt, slipping bad. May need new bands or a upgraded build that can handle the 533 rwhp & 547 rwtq. Got a quote from Douglas County Diesel here in CO for $4800 plus tax that will handle the power I am making.

With a built trans & motor what's a reasonable asking price? I have the diesel itch. Would love a 2014 Dodge Ram 2500 Black Appearance Group. I may be dreaming but with the mods I have I feel $27-30k is reasonable. Opinions please...good the bad and the ugly!

Pull the upgrades off the motor, sell separately and trade in the 10

If this is the route you choose then go big or go home! Buy a 3500 instead of 2500, the Cummins HO is only available in the 3500 backed by the AISIN transmission.

KEEP IT.

FIX IT WHEN YOU HAVE THE MONEY. SORRY FOR CAPS. SHIFT BUTTON IS STUCK.

Have the money to fix the trans. I may be moving back east to the DC area is part of the issue. Waiting to see if I got a job transfer back home. Should know something in a couple weeks. Job closes on 5/23. Might get word by the first week in June.

Put your stock heads back on at the very least. Don't give a set of Striker's away for nothing!

Put your stock heads back on at the very least. Don't give a set of Striker's away for nothing!

Those Strikers will never see a dealership. Hard enough to get in the first place.

Those Strikers will never see a dealership. Hard enough to get in the first place.

1st DIBS!!! I will trade you my first born child, a stick of gum (peppermint), a slightly used toothbrush, and some $ for those heads!!!!!

Forget s new Cummins if you wanna mess with it, from my understanding they can't be tuned without voiding the warranty

1st DIBS!!! I will trade you my first born child, a stick of gum (peppermint), a slightly used toothbrush, and some $ for those heads!!!!!

You can keep the 1st born. After visiting my godson 8 yrs old and his brothers 9 yrs & 4yrs, I don't want kids. I'll take the gum and the toothbrush but only if it is a Sonicare. I'll let ya know should I let them go.

Stock tranny should be able to hand that power, don't think you need to go to a built tranny

Stock tranny should be able to hand that power, don't think you need to go to a built tranny

Truck has 70k on it. I've owned since 7k, 3rd owner. I drive her like I stole her. I had planned to get it diagnosed first before making a decision. Should I end up keeping her I am getting a built tranny. I feel like there was more power to be had than what I put down.

Truck has 70k on it. I've owned since 7k, 3rd owner. I drive her like I stole her. I had planned to get it diagnosed first before making a decision. Should I end up keeping her I am getting a built tranny. I feel like there was more power to be had than what I put down.

There is!:)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back