Dyno Day Calgary AB

Yellow venom said:
I have faith in ya Tyler,you will get it done!:rock: And I will be working out of Red Deer mid to late week this week,So I will be around to give you a hand in the evening too Tyler:rock:

Sure, stop on by. Ill be there in the shop.

yellowfever#154 said:
Sure, stop on by. Ill be there in the shop.

OK,I will let you know,I'm hauling the track hoe down there tomorrow and not sure on start date yet,the job I'm on now took a twist and is going to triple in size or bigger! (was suppose to be done by May 4th.)

Yellow venom said:
OK,I will let you know,I'm hauling the track hoe down there tomorrow and not sure on start date yet,the job I'm on now took a twist and is going to triple in size or bigger! (was suppose to be done by May 4th.)

Its always nice to have more work to do than what you thought, we are pretty slow right now. Its kinda a 'F'ed up year this year, the moisture is gonna help though. See you on the weekend.

Alberta-SRT said:
If there is any way I could help, let me know.

Sure come on down and help us drink some beer. PM me if you are interested and need directions. The truck is in Lacombe, about 1 hour south of Edmonton.

I'm in i have been talking with Joe, i am still having boost problems, right now i am doing the pushrods and oil change. So i will be coming along it thats alright.

How did it go guys?? :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Had a pretty good time today, Met some good people. Maybe next time we can get more to come out. Ron's daughter even put her Smart car on the Dyno.:rock: Now I have to disclose it does have a performance chip, so I'll let Ron fill in the details. Any guess on what HP it made?

I will post the smart car vids I took tomorrow just have to upload them to YouTube. :burnout:

It was a good time; thanks to all that were able to make it. The weather was great and we had an opportunity to try out the trucks, eat some food and yak.
A big thanks to Toma (who never sleeps) for his dyno and tuning expertise.

Here are some of the 350+ photos that were taken by my wife Lila, in no particular order...

Ronnie

PS The Smart car made an amazing pull and stunned the crowd with a whopping 45.9 HP :D

Attachments

• DADS_STRIKERS 281 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 281 (Large).jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 37
  • DADS_STRIKERS 294 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 294 (Large).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DADS_STRIKERS 320 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 320 (Large).jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DADS_STRIKERS 323 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 323 (Large).jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 46
  • DADS_STRIKERS 291 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 291 (Large).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DADS_STRIKERS 241 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 241 (Large).jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 47
  • DADS_STRIKERS 376 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 376 (Large).jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DADS_STRIKERS 394 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 394 (Large).jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 49
  • DADS_STRIKERS 410 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 410 (Large).jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 42
  • DADS_STRIKERS 419 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 419 (Large).jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 59
  • DADS_STRIKERS 443 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 443 (Large).jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 48
  • DADS_STRIKERS 303 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 303 (Large).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DADS_STRIKERS 463 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 463 (Large).jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DADS_STRIKERS 489 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 489 (Large).jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 40
  • DADS_STRIKERS 505 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 505 (Large).jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DADS_STRIKERS 219 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 219 (Large).jpg
    60 KB · Views: 40
  • DADS_STRIKERS 221 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 221 (Large).jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 36
  • DADS_STRIKERS 222 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 222 (Large).jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 28
  • DADS_STRIKERS 224 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 224 (Large).jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 39
  • DADS_STRIKERS 464 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 464 (Large).jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DADS_STRIKERS 399 (Large).jpg
    DADS_STRIKERS 399 (Large).jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Looks like fun...I'm going to have to learn to speak Canadian so I can get to know some of these people, eh!

Prof said:
Looks like fun...I'm going to have to learn to speak Canadian so I can get to know some of these people, eh!

The Canadian dialect is actually quite easy.

Just throw in "eh" once in a while which is kind of requesting affirmation of what an individual is saying. For example, "That's a nice truck, eh"? No need to respond unless you want to. Or it can be used as in your example above..
"Yall" however is almost never used. It could be replaced with "you guys" even if there are women in the group; Our "Washroom" is your "Restroom", Your rubber band is our elastic, our holiday is your vacation, and you won't hear "Ugh-Hugh" very often. We have iced-tea which is not cold tea but a tea mixture of sugar and lemon.
A toque is worn on your head when it is cold primarily (ethnic variations however and not necessarily seasonal). We have poutine which is a strange mixture of fries, gravy and melted cheese. It is tasty but confuses arteries and can pack on the pounds if left to run wild. Our pop is your soda. That is it for today's lesson... :)

Upper r.h. corner of the group of photos right to left: Me (Ronnie) the only guy with the gray hair, and the rest of the guys can fill in the blanks if they want to, and I'm sure they will...;)

Ronnie

Last edited:
moparracing said:
nice pics, but who's who ?? :dontknow:

On the bottom row there is
Joe(me)-Yellow Venom YF QC
Norbert-Hucksrt black 04 RC
Jeff-Ramchargerguy black 06 RC
Ken- AlbertaSRT 04 black RC
Ron-Rottenronnie
and Marty with the 05 CE
And second row 3rd from end is Andrew-Truebuilt 05 red RC

Great time Ron,will have to do again Soon:rock:

Last edited:
rottenronnie said:
The Canadian dialect is actually quite easy.

Just throw in "eh" once in a while which is kind of requesting affirmation of what an individual is saying. For example, "That's a nice truck, eh"? No need to respond unless you want to. Or in your example above..
"Yall" however is almost never used. It could be replaced with "you guys" even if there are women in the group; Our "Washroom" is your "Restroom", Your rubber band is our elastic, our holiday is your vacation, and you won't hear "Ugh-Hugh" very often. We have iced-tea which is not cold tea but a tea mixture of sugar and lemon.
A toque is worn on your head when it is cold primarily (ethnic variations however and not necessarily seasonal). We have poutine which is a strange mixture of fries, gravy and melted cheese. It is tasty but confuses arteries and can pack on the pounds if left to run wild. Our pop is your soda. That is it for today's lesson... :)

Upper r.h. corner of the group of photos right to left: Me (Ronnie) the only guy with the gray hair, and the rest of the guys can fill in the blanks if they want to, and I'm sure they will...

Ronnie

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well said

Here are the Smart car links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PBTsX9CuLM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kU-p3gtwSw8

Yellow venom said:
On the bottom row there is
Joe(me)-Yellow Venom YF QC
Norbert-Hucksrt black 04 RC
Jeff-Ramchargerguy black 06 RC
Ken- AlbertaSRT 04 black RC