Houston SVTL vs SRT10 shoot out

BLKSVT said:
This is kinda fun though....at least when we do all meet we will have something to laugh about.

I totally agree!! We will all be laughing at the lineup of fords that had thier ass handed to them and are in the pits tearing up. ;) :marchmellow:

OK Since it looks like i'm going to be the onyl one built... how about we do a street tire shoot out... just so you 10sec guys can't have any fun?

VENOMOUS1 said:
I totally agree!! We will all be laughing at the lineup of fords that had thier ass handed to them and are in the pits tearing up. ;) :marchmellow:

Damn man...really. I was being cool and trying to keep the level of shit down and there you go being a Dick...aight:dontknow:

Tooloe said:
OK Since it looks like i'm going to be the onyl one built... how about we do a street tire shoot out... just so you 10sec guys can't have any fun?

The only one built?

I am interested to see how many different excuses you guys can come up with..... "you dont have to shift" "you have a blower" "you have slicks, i am on street tires" "if i had that much in mods, i would have won"

what ever happened to run what you brung?

VENOMOUS1 said:

You realize that some of the quickest lightnings on our site will be there right? Love to see the look on your face when one of them leaves you at the line like you stalled your truck.

TimmyMac said:
I am interested to see how many different excuses you guys can come up with..... "you dont have to shift" "you have a blower" "you have slicks, i am on street tires" "if i had that much in mods, i would have won"

THATS THE WAY I LIKE IT BUT LETS BE REAL HOUSTON HAS ALOT OF MID 10- MID 11 SEC LIGHTNINGS AND YA WANT TO THROW THOSE TO BASICALLY STOCK SRT10....REALLY? BRING OUT SOME STOCK BLOWER LIGHTNING WITH BOLTON, PULLEYS, TUNES, STALL, TO RUN THE SLIGHTLY MODDED SRT10'S.

TimmyMac said:
You realize that some of the quickest lightnings on our site will be there right? Love to see the look on your face when one of them leaves you at the line like you stalled your truck.

NOt really as I have lost many a race in the 20+ plus years of racing. I always put a thumbs up or shake hands. I am able to lose!! I am not hiding my mods or e.t.s? Of course your fastest truckls on your forum will beat my stockish 10? Bring your factory (pop hoods) trucks and see how you eat your words. As many have explained, I am NOT from the "rich" side of the 10 club and don't have never ending funds to dump in my truck. If that was the case I would be like stink on shit to any lightning as I really want to builds the shit outta mine. We would be glad to set up "fair" runs against your 10-11 second trucks against ours. They don't reside in Houston though?

TimmyMac said:
LEts make it fair street tires only see whos got big balls then and a big mouth

Tooloe said:

We can get you some DR if you want.

Shit like this makes me want to put the Hemi truck back together again so i can watch all you mofos cry into your cheerios:D

VENOMOUS1 said:
Yeah Central Texas is Lightning haven as well as HD haven. Good thing I still whoop that ass and have them scared!! My stock QC ran 13.99 @99, a stock L that ran against me was 14.40 at 103 He had me trap speed wise, but could never beat me, even on the 30 roll he requested. I, as the rest of us Viper Truck owners, understand it takes nothing to make an L faster. I can tell you they aint shit to a 4 dr Viper Truck though stock for stock!! IN other words you are right L owners!! " But I only lost to the extra 2 cylinders";) :marchmellow:

No way my QC stock would outrun either of my L's stock...well maybe my '99L, but not my '04. '04 stock L at Temple ran 13.4 @ 104.5mph. Temps were decent that day... 75^F, but nothing that would make it a -DA day. That wouldn't run down an RC, but my QC with tune, filter, cat-back might run mid-13s on a good day. I guess it could be faster... haven't run it, but it certainly isn't in high-12s.

Just my experience. Trust me, I want to make my QC faster. I think it is a great truck. It's just at a significant weight disadvantage.

WA 2 FST said:
No way my QC stock would outrun either of my L's stock...well maybe my '99L, but not my '04. '04 stock L at Temple ran 13.4 @ 104.5mph. Temps were decent that day... 75^F, but nothing that would make it a -DA day. That wouldn't run down an RC, but my QC with tune, filter, cat-back might run mid-13s on a good day. I guess it could be faster... haven't run it, but it certainly isn't in high-12s.

Just my experience. Trust me, I want to make my QC faster. I think it is a great truck. It's just at a significant weight disadvantage.

scotts Qc will hit the 12's with the mods he has now.. it's very quick for a QC i was very impressed he was running a 13.4 this past weekend at temple in 100 degree weather

DAYTONA81 said:
THATS THE WAY I LIKE IT BUT LETS BE REAL HOUSTON HAS ALOT OF MID 10- MID 11 SEC LIGHTNINGS AND YA WANT TO THROW THOSE TO BASICALLY STOCK SRT10....REALLY? BRING OUT SOME STOCK BLOWER LIGHTNING WITH BOLTON, PULLEYS, TUNES, STALL, TO RUN THE SLIGHTLY MODDED SRT10'S.

Tooloe will be a good race for anyone from a roll, since he doesn't have slicks. There aren't a lot of 700rwhp L's rolling around, and probably not a lot of 700rwhp SRT-10s either. Most L's will run out of gear long before the SRT-10 on a highway pull, even if power/weight ratio is equal. Overdrive is not your friend in an L. :p

"Stock blower L w/ 4# pulley, tune (which any lightly modded SRT-10 will have as well), and an air filter"... will run 12.6-12.7s all day on daily-driven radials. I honestly don't know if that is competition for what you call a "slightly modded SRT10" or not. :dontknow:

Why can't it all just be in good fun, and run what ya brung? If the Houston race doesn't attract the fastest SRT-10s, that isn't a big deal. You're just comparing timeslips at a given track. Hold the same event where more of the SRT-10 clan runs, and you may only have a few stock L's around.

What I can't figure out for the life of me is why a fast truck isn't cool to all of us, no matter who owns it, what color it is, or what the badging is on the side. I mean, we're all trying to do the same thing... push a HEAVY vehicle, with the aerodynamics of a BRICK, down the track. A 12-second truck is darn quick. 10-11 sec trucks are just down right ridiculously fast.

Tip your hat and move on to the next race.

Tooloe said:
scotts Qc will hit the 12's with the mods he has now.. it's very quick for a QC i was very impressed he was running a 13.4 this past weekend at temple in 100 degree weather

that IS impressive. <hat's off to him>

Tooloe said:

i just dont understand i guess? you have a built motor, which means you have put some pretty serious cake in to your truck; you make 700+\798 to the wheels, why dont you just get some slicks and see what kind of numbers your monster (and a monster it is) can put down?

I just dont see why people have to set it up, saying only stock with bolt-on's, or no nitrous, or no slicks... I don't own slicks, i dont have nitrous, and my truck is stock with bolt on's... but if you have paid for slicks, and your motor is healthy enough for loads of nitrous, and\or you have a built motor, i'll still race you. money is on you watching me get smaller in your rear view, but hey, you earned that feeling by dumping cash in to your ride

thats what its all about!:rock:

I dont know about you guys but I wouldnt feel safe running next to ant 10-11 second truck that was on street tires. I dont like other vehicles in my passenger seat too much.

So how about that race? There is plenty of interest on the L side. Can the SRT guys bring their A game?

TimmyMac said:

i have an automatic and a turbo ....but my best time is only a 10.73........i have slicks too....maybe one of these days ill be fast ......but wait i ran a 10.73 at 130 with only 10#s......and the air was bad like 7300 ft that day.....i wonder if i would be faster at sea level pushin 22#s:D :D :D

^^^^^^who cares about your truck, thats yesterdays news

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back