Kicked A Rod

well sorry about all the bad luck... but after hearing about all the bad luck i called and got an extended warranty on my truck. it even covers seals and gaskets for 6yrs or 100,000 miles. with $100 deduc. plus rental and towing... they even finance with no interest. so it cost $2300, 10% down and $115 month... it kicks in after 30 days and 1000 miles... they said i can take it anywhere that is ASE certified...

the main reason I went ahead and got the warranty is because about 5 months ago my oil psi light started coming on when i would stop fast. so i checked the oil and there was nothing on the stick. i went and got some and it ended up taking 4 qts. so now i keep a eye on it. just last week i have to add 2 qts... the weird thing is for useing that much oil it dosent smoke at all and there is no oil in the radiator and its not on the ground. so it has to be burning it.

JTJasper2002 said:
the main reason I went ahead and got the warranty is because about 5 months ago my oil psi light started coming on when i would stop fast. so i checked the oil and there was nothing on the stick. i went and got some and it ended up taking 4 qts. so now i keep a eye on it. just last week i have to add 2 qts... the weird thing is for useing that much oil it dosent smoke at all and there is no oil in the radiator and its not on the ground. so it has to be burning it.

Holy butterballs batman, 4qts!

JTJasper2002 said:

Time for a compression check!

yeah i think so. it dosent feel as strong as it did when i bought it. i ride my bike most of the time. so im sure it will last long enough for my warranty to kick in... hopefully.... lol

JTJasper2002 said:
how much compression should it have?

175-195 should do it. If you are sure you don't have a leak, that

leaves only one place for that much oil to go.:(

well in about 4-5 weeks i am getting a full B&B exhaust system and i will check the compression then and also change the spark plugs... what plugs are recommended?

JTJasper2002 said:
well in about 4-5 weeks i am getting a full B&B exhaust system and i will check the compression then and also change the spark plugs... what plugs are recommended?

I use the NGK Iridiums after extensive conversation with some of their

and another co's engineers.

I was having trouble with my lincoln after cranking the boost way up and

those plugs eliminated the problem.

Well I tried and tried to get the last remaining bolt out of the manifold and to NO avail. I ended up pulling the manifold while it was still attached to the cylinder head...........

WOW what a big fawking mess I found once the cylinder heads were pulled.....

Check out the picture preview of 10K + damage- not including my labor:(

This is a picture of cylinder # 3.... The piston is slightly cocked in the bore....

Attachments

• IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 132
Once I lifted off the other cylinder head, here is what shocked me the most....:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 135
I had to use a hammer to lightly tap the piston out.....

I guess I got them custom shorty pistions now.....:(

Attachments

• IMG_0536.JPG
    IMG_0536.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0537.JPG
    IMG_0537.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 89

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details