Kicked A Rod

And my findings are:

My engine succumbed and destroyed itself from...........................

OIL CAVATATION TO THE #3 CONNECTING ROD

Pictures soon.

kyle's srt10 said:
Have you got your motor back yet? Who is doing your tuning and how much boost are you going to run:dontknow: I am going to shoot for 700rwhp with mine and anything over that will be great:rock: What little I was able to get after it with 600rwhp and the 4.88's was NICE!!!:rock: So 700rwhp will be even more of a beast:D

My engine will be sent back at the end of next week...John was out of power for three or four days...should take two days to reinstall the engine. I plan to stay with 5.6 lbs of boost, Sean is pushing for 10. But I think my track days are over.

Sean Roe will dyno tune it for me. I am getting Stingray to help me on this end, he and Sean will be on the internet and phone with my software and a dyno at Westech Racing.

Last edited:
Great photos, thanks for sharing. I was just wondering if youre going to continue using oil additives in the future?

Here is #3...........:(

Attachments

• IMG_0555.JPG
    IMG_0555.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0557.JPG
    IMG_0557.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 68
Crank surface for 3 & 4......

Attachments

• IMG_0560.JPG
    IMG_0560.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0561.JPG
    IMG_0561.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 89
Crappy Hypertectic junk ass money saving pistons that Dodge shoved in their flagship supercar engine. I was told by a very well respected Viper Tech that Dodge did this for emissions reasons. I asked him why and he didn't have an answer... I concluded to him that the only reason I personally could come up with was if they did it for emissions reasons, they must have had blowby upon start up with the forged pistons that they USED to install in the Viper engine, Hypertectic pistons swell at a much faster rate than true forged pistons...... Looks like they solved their problem, and created a problem for us- the owners- down the road well after our warranties had expired......

:congrats: Thanks Dodge.

Attachments

• IMG_0562.JPG
    IMG_0562.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_0563.JPG
    IMG_0563.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0564.JPG
    IMG_0564.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 59
Scrap found in the $1537.00 oil pan.......;)

Attachments

• IMG_0567.JPG
    IMG_0567.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 131
HaulinAsp said:
Crank surface for 3 & 4......

There does not appear to be the smearing/galling/

heat discoloration from lack of lube I have observed in engines with oil pump

failure. Haulin, looks like you may have cracked this nut!:congrats:

I'm accepting needed donations to keep this truck VIPER POWERED, except it should be a REAL built VIPER engine not this junk Dodge blindfolded us with......;)

I'll be your guniea pig LOL:rock:

HaulinAsp said:
I'm accepting needed donations to keep this truck VIPER POWERED, except it should be a REAL built VIPER engine not this junk Dodge blindfolded us with......;)

I'll be your guniea pig LOL:rock:

CHECK YOUR PM"S!!!

hey haulin, i would be more than happy to donate... maybe with enough of us it would help get you back on the road... set something up maybe paypal or something... let me know im in bro

JTJasper2002 said:
hey haulin, i would be more than happy to donate... maybe with enough of us it would help get you back on the road... set something up maybe paypal or something... let me know im in bro

He must have konked out, I've been ready to paypal

for the last couple hours.
:dontknow:

JTJasper2002 said:
he might be shedding some more tears over some ice cold beer... lol

His situation is like when you go hunting and it's

freezing cold when a branch slaps you across the face, hurts like a

M#$^&*F#@!!!!, but what can you do? shoot the branch? Frustrating as Hell.

That engine is a total loss. Incredible destruction...looks as if someone heard a knocking and just pegged the tach until it exploded.

I need to hear the plan. What does he want to do?

If he does a build from scratch there are lots of things to learn in the process but the plan is critical...would love to see some of the build processes...like all the coating processes; the grinding and the polishing; the hone, the decking, the balancing process, machining the oil galleys, installation of some sort of pressure relief system or valve, matching, porting and polishing of the heads...there is lots to see in this process and if the engine is built for heavy hp, it might be very instructional to see the process and have someone explain each step in detail...

What a mess!

Prof said:
That engine is a total loss. Incredible destruction...looks as if someone heard a knocking and just pegged the tach until it exploded.

I need to hear the plan. What does he want to do?

If he does a build from scratch there are lots of things to learn in the process but the plan is critical...would love to see some of the build processes...like all the coating processes; the grinding and the polishing; the hone, the decking, the balancing process, machining the oil galleys, installation of some sort of pressure relief system or valve, matching, porting and polishing of the heads...there is lots to see in this process and if the engine is built for heavy hp, it might be very instructional to see the process and have someone explain each step in detail...

What a mess!

Hey prof, When I owned my machine shop and the shops I know of now, are

all good sociable types that are allways happy to give a tour and explain the

processes, especially the newer multi axis CNC mills and lathes. When you are

making parts 9+hrs a day they enjoy a little break. I think most of the folks

from up your way moved down here, but there still should be some good

shops up there. If you have never seen the processes it would be a treat.

:rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back