Roe, Paxton SC'r larger bottom pulley's available

TNVIPER said:
One other question....will the belt need to be changed?...
that I am not 1005 sure of, I do not think so, but not 100% sure, since I dont have a truck to actually try them on,

i know Justin was using the same set up on Jacks truck and didnt mention any belt changes

I know I'm being a PITB but would like to know if anything else needs changing...belt, idler pulley?.......seems like everytime I get something I find out it wont work without X and Y.........This will give you something to do Tony...:D ;)

TNVIPER said:
I know I'm being a PITB but would like to know if anything else needs changing...belt, idler pulley?.......seems like everytime I get something I find out it wont work without X and Y.........This will give you something to do Tony...:D ;)
other than the belt issue bo, the only thing you "may" have to do is to notch the front cover a bit for clearance;) , you may need a little clearance to clear the larger diameter. other than that, u should b good.

and you are def not a pain in the ass buuger head:marchmellow:

Aftermarket 7-rib belts close to our length (bigger or larger) are VERY tough to find. I worked with David Weaver and Sean Roe on this a couple of years ago. Not too many options out there, unless something new has popped up. On one of David's setups, he took an 8-rib belt and spliced off a rib to make a fit.

To make custom belts is very expensive. Sean looked into it and didn't think we would buy off on the price it would be, plus not a huge market for it.

I would have loved to see Gatorback (Goodyear) make a belt for us. Wrote to them, not much of a response.

Nevertheless, only one way to find out if it will fit.

Bring it to taliban Dan. If he can't fit it, then it we go on a search.

Don't get me wrong, it is doable. Just may take some searching, but it looks like you have someone already looking at it.

LOLL dont take it wrong bone:eek: my typing is short, actually on the phone:D but I jsut remember talking with blackviper and him mentioning that he had a complete list of belts from someone, so that may help:D

Stinker said:
that I am not 1005 sure of, I do not think so, but not 100% sure, since I dont have a truck to actually try them on,

I know Justin was using the same set up on Jacks truck and didnt mention any belt changes

We used the stock belt on my motor with the Paxton and the 7" pully.
Justin did make a new tensioner and I had custom mounting plates so we still don't know for sure, but I think the 7" will work with a stock Paxton belt length.
I have no idea if it will work with a stock Roe blower belt.
Justin had to slightly clearance a couple of the vanes/fins on the water pump, for pully clearance. This was very minor and did not take 5 minutes with a die grinder.

Goodyear and Dayco both have the belts we need. In addition, Napa has different size idlers that we can use just in case. I'm currently looking for different tensioner options.

You WILL NOT find a better made pulley than these guys.;) They are freakin sweet!!:rock: :rock:

tinygiants said:
I will be doing this when I get mine back on the road.
I hope everything is going great tiny:rock: I'm on the road til nex friday but give me a hollar if ya want.

but let me know , anytime your ready sir:rock:

blackviper's pulley went out this morn, he should get it thursday or friday at the latest.

remember too guys, if you have a paxton or a Roe, and want an ATI dampner, I'll do ya the best combination deal I can with the dampner:)

Let us know how the fit check goes on it please.

TNVIPER said:
George..will you be able to check out what belt will work with these?...using the Roe stock pulley?
why dont I jsut send you one and let you try it:p

George may be awhile, his engine is like a good womans legs, kinda apart:D

Stinker said:
why dont I jsut send you one and let you try it:p

George may be awhile, his engine is like a good womans legs, kinda apart:D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back