Roe, Paxton SC'r larger bottom pulley's available

LoveThisTruck said:
My tuner says the fuel system will be alright:dontknow: so I'm gonna give it a try. If it doesn't work out then I'll do the whole fuel system.

Yeah, I was told (not by my tuner or Stinker) that my fuel system would have no problem........well after the lean condition started he started back stepping....."oh, didnt know you didnt have bigger injectors and blah, blah'....the stock fuel system is good for about 625HP......and somebody is going to say I have 700HP and run the stock fuel system....well yeah, things vary such as dynos, local air conditions and just the truck itself...plan on upgrading........BTW, if you dont have the 10LB pulley I have one for sale..;)

I agree . I was the first one to hit 700 at the wheels because I upgraded the fuel system from the tank to the block and back. Its simple math, more air more fuel.

TNVIPER said:
Yeah, I was told (not by my tuner or Stinker) that my fuel system would have no problem........well after the lean condition started he started back stepping....."oh, didnt know you didnt have bigger injectors and blah, blah'....the stock fuel system is good for about 625HP......and somebody is going to say I have 700HP and run the stock fuel system....well yeah, things vary such as dynos, local air conditions and just the truck itself...plan on upgrading........BTW, if you dont have the 10LB pulley I have one for sale..;)

I have the 10# pulley, but it's only giving me 7-7.5 lbs of boost for whatever reason:dontknow: I want to see what the 7in lower will do for me. If I start running out of fuel, then I'll do the whole system... lines, injectors, etc.

Just trying to figure out what belt I need.

lovey i really dont know, havent had that question asked yet buddy, but will see what we can do on that, crap, I said I would relax:argh: I cant get the dang beer cap off:argh: :argh:

LoveThisTruck said:
I have the 10# pulley, but it's only giving me 7-7.5 lbs of boost for whatever reason:dontknow: I want to see what the 7in lower will do for me. If I start running out of fuel, then I'll do the whole system... lines, injectors, etc.

Have you had head work done? What cam do you have? I have stock heads as far as porting and valve size is concern. My cam is bigger and I only get 8 psi out of my 9psi pulley.

Stinker said:
lovey i really dont know, havent had that question asked yet buddy, but will see what we can do on that, crap, I said I would relax:argh: I cant get the dang beer cap off:argh: :argh:

HAHA relax Tony... no worries:D . I'll just get the pulley for now, and figure out the belt later. You still have my CC info?

HV SRT said:
Have you had head work done? What cam do you have? I have stock heads as far as porting and valve size is concern. My cam is bigger and I only get 8 psi out of my 9psi pulley.

Stock heads and cam.

LoveThisTruck said:

Oh yeah, forgot that....you have some other issue, what I dont know..:dontknow: ...I would assume that you would gain a couple Lbs based on what you are getting now. I was getting 9.3LBs with a 10LB pulley and the OEM crank pulley.....went to 11LBs with the Roe 5.6 pulley and Stinker's 7" crank pulley.....if you go to 9 Lbs your fuel system should handle it..

LoveThisTruck said:
HAHA relax Tony... no worries:D . I'll just get the pulley for now, and figure out the belt later. You still have my CC info?
I should have, but not sure, I dont like keeping numbers like that, scares me:D
but I will check, but I called friday on the injectors but it was late, dont think he had time toget back to me, so gonna call them again tommorrow, it was the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong style correct:D

Stinker said:
but I will check, but I called friday on the injectors but it was late, dont think he had time toget back to me, so gonna call them again tommorrow, it was the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong style correct:D

Yes..he needs the looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooog style...:p

TNVIPER said:
Oh yeah, forgot that....you have some other issue, what I dont know..:dontknow: ...I would assume that you would gain a couple Lbs based on what you are getting now. I was getting 9.3LBs with a 10LB pulley and the OEM crank pulley.....went to 11LBs with the Roe 5.6 pulley and Stinker's 7" crank pulley.....if you go to 9 Lbs your fuel system should handle it..

Yeah, I don't know man. I was right at 9lbs after I had the motot built. I just had the blower removed and painted... now I'm down 2 lbs:dontknow:

Could air temp affect boost??? It was about 105 degrees when it was on the dyno.

LoveThisTruck said:
Yeah, I don't know man. I was right at 9lbs after I had the motot built. I just had the blower removed and painted... now I'm down 2 lbs:dontknow:

Could air temp affect boost??? It was about 105 degrees when it was on the dyno.

Yes, it can...do you have a in cab boost gauge?..

Stinker said:

LOL ya the long ones. I'm just gonna do the pulley for now, but I have a feeling I'll be doing the injectors and everything soon enough:eek:

TNVIPER said:
Yes, it can...do you have a in cab boost gauge?..

Yes sir, I do. The temp has really dropped here in SoCal over the past few days. It was over 100 last week... it's 53 now. I might take it for a spin when I get off work in the morning, and see how she does:burnout:

LoveThisTruck said:
Yes sir, I do. The temp has really dropped here in SoCal over the past few days. It was over 100 last week... it's 53 now. I might take it for a spin when I get off work in the morning, and see how she does:burnout:

If you were getting 2 LBs more boost before removing the SC then I highly recommend you remove the SC again and reinstall....good chance there is a leak somewhere......check the hoses behind the SC...if there is a leak your guage will read low..

TNVIPER said:
If you were getting 2 LBs more boost before removing the SC then I highly recommend you remove the SC again and reinstall....good chance there is a leak somewhere......check the hoses behind the SC...if there is a leak your guage will read low..

I plan on having my shop go through everything they can think of when I take it in for the pulley swap. If it wasn't a 2hr drive each way, I'd take it in sooner:(

Hell, maybe the belt is just slipping:dontknow: Wouldn't that show on the gauge and dyno?

LoveThisTruck said:
I plan on having my shop go through everything they can think of when I take it in for the pulley swap. If it wasn't a 2hr drive each way, I'd take it in sooner:(

Hell, maybe the belt is just slipping:dontknow: Wouldn't that show on the gauge and dyno?

belt slippage will cause boost drop but it should be irratic...

I figured out why I was only making 7psi:eek: Man, you can really hear that belt slip with the windows down:D

Got the pulley ordered from Tony just a few min ago. I'll let you guys know how it does after the install/tuning:burnout: If the pulley gets here in time, and I can get away... might get it done next Monday.

TNVIPER said:
Be careful with the first pull when tuning...you are probably going to run out of fuel above 4500 rpm....

Ya probably:D but we'll see.

My tuner seems to think it'll be fine, but I'll be there bugging him about it just to make sure:marchmellow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back