ROE RACING

Remember, those of us coming from the US will probably not have vehicles, will have rentals...

Maybe a bus with a driver...then everyone can drink all day...and act like arrogant 'Ugly Americans' on vacation in Europe!

How unique!

Last edited:
i managed to do something this sunday :rock: :eek:

got the exhaust bolted , cleaned and did a test drive :elefant: whaaw , nice sound... not to loud, but deeper as the stock... let my son drive a few bypasses so i could hear it ....you defenitifly hear a deeper VROOOM from already far coming.....:rock: :rock: Inside it's just as racy... hehe, i don't hear my GENIV shifter anymore :D :D :D :D

did some spinning launches all the way up to 6000 rev's in 1ste ... truck stays indeed more stable with the caltracs...:elefant: ... burnt some rubber :vroam: , as the last non SC :eek:
went to carwash to have a shiny truck for the ROE job :rock:

look pépé , shiny tubes under a dirty truck :p :D :D
STEREO 038.jpgSTEREO 039.jpgSTEREO 040.jpg

DIRTY Ayala ? :confused: :dontknow: OK,....
STEREO 041.jpgSTEREO 042.jpgSTEREO 043.jpg
STEREO 044.jpg

truck back on the lift , changed oil and filter , changed rear end oil :rock:

READY for the blower :D :D :D :D

Last edited:
Truck abuse!

Your days using a car wash are limited.

When the VEC III goes on...that will be the end.

If you plan to continue to use an automatic car wash you will have to take special precautions to be sure that none of that water gets to the VEC box.

Prof said:
Truck abuse!

Your days using a car wash are limited.

When the VEC III goes on...that will be the end.

If you plan to continue to use an automatic car wash you will have to take special precautions to be sure that none of that water gets to the VEC box.

i got a watertight box from ROE to put the VEC in :p :D :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

monday evening...started Roe job...just random works as demounting the stock air filter, throttle body .... broke one of those plastic clips , the one on throttle cable :mad: i will have to drive on cruise control :D :D
Hope our Dodge dealer has those... perhaps also on other Dodges ? :dontknow: And the cable has a welded? pressed? end to keep the plastic thing... will i have to demount the thottle cable to slip a new one over ??? :dontknow:

Start to demount the LPG installation... my god, this is complex... 10 rubber hoses from jets to injectors , 10 injectors with their electric connections, each side a bank of 3 and 2 , each a rubber hose , coming together in a bigger hose, big hoses from each side coming over 2 filters together and again in 2 hoses to 2 evaporators...Now this is clear visible... my god, the electric circuit... each side 5 plugs and 1 common , 2 computers.... must have cut at least 30 tie strips :eek: before everything was loose... had to cut 3 x the hoses as i was afraid damage the fuel lines wiring , just not even able to see the LPG injectors...:confused: :confused:

Hope i can finish this tomorrow.... and hope more there's still all original wiring and connections... i hope they plugged in the LPG system and not cut some cables to make intersections with that computer system...Strange but as today it was not clear for me what is original and what is aftermarket LPG build on....:eek: :eek:

So not a big day... rather a bit discouraged :( but as always , tomorrow is another day , :rock:

Never can have enought zip ties....

Can't wait to see the completed product, and hear how you like it.

Good luck Barry and congrats....keep the updates coming :rock:

can somebody post a pic how and were the VEC3 is connected with the trucks PCM ? please... so i can sleep better....:confused: :D

Here is a pic of mine during. Be careful installing. Those wires are close in color, hell some even are the same!!

Is your PCM on the stock flash? Roe told me your PCM needed the stock fuel/timing settings or the VEC would not work correctly.

Attachments

• 110607.1.jpg
    110607.1.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
If need more pics let me know...I will shoot anything you want...

Roy

94rt10ohio said:
Here is a pic of mine during. Be careful installing. Those wires are close in color, hell some even are the same!!

Is your PCM on the stock flash? Roe told me your PCM needed the stock fuel/timing settings or the VEC would not work correctly.

thanks man :rock:
as far i know yes, stock flash...will send a email to previous Belgian owner ( who bought the truck in the US himself during a year living there ) to be sure he didn't do anything ... ;)

Not so much news today... was later in office.

Drained the radiator ... but where is the drain plug on the engine :dontknow:

Still confused on the powersteer oil lines ... where did some one disconnect what ? :dontknow: to get the radiator out ....

As far i understood AC radiator can be put aside without disconnecting his lines , correct ?

Now LPG installation becomes more clear as i was afraid how they interconnect their computers with the PCM ...but this is lucky.... they run double wiring booms from each side , taking every original plug on the injectors as input and running back new plugs which are now on the injectors.
No wonder there are so many cables ....:D
I have 2 computers for max 8 cylinders each , that's 16 plugs, 32 wires + some common wires + 32 for the LPG valves ( again 16 plugs.. ) .......the wiring for the evaporators and for the 12 V feed and choice-switch in cabin fuel-LPG...You never believe it , i take pic tomorrow :D Once all binding strips cut and loose it a bit it's like one big black spaghetti :D

hope some one chime in with my questions....:rock:

Here are five pictures that might help in moving the radiator and the oil cooler to the sides of the engine so you can pin the crank and do the install...

Install5.jpg

Install4.jpg

Install3.jpg

Install2.jpg

Install1.jpg

thanks PROF :rock:

now remaining question : were is the engine water-drain plug...:dontknow:

PS those pics from PM at the time aren't there anymore...:confused: i have them back, thank you :rock:

All I have ever used is the pet cock at the bottom of the radiator...driver side...careful it is plastic.

Prof said:
All I have ever used is the pet cock at the bottom of the radiator...driver side...careful it is plastic.

yes Roy , but water remains in engine up to those 2 big hoses level.....i must install 170degr thermostat... can ofcourse unscrew it and let rain it out ...:eek: :D

you can see in the pics it's a mockup try out version.... blower is still sealed with tape and aluminium inlet is open on top....;) :D

Last edited:
I drained mine Before I disconnected radiator. Opened up bleeder then stuck
a hose down into the bottom ofr the radiator with a small transfer pump and NO MESS! Everything drained block and rad.

Back