Roe Supercharger

Thanks. I'll look for the pics on Monday.

I think the trick to making big power with the Roe is not lowering the compression. Maybe even increasing it will get us over 800 RWHP. I've currently ordered 9.5 to 1 pistons for my build and now I'm debating revising the order to 10 to 1's. My theory behind this is when we lower the compression, we are using boost to compensate for the loss in cylinder pressure and the end result is the same or lower hp numbers because the S/C's cannot flow the necessary CFM's. I think we've already seen a few of our members experience this with their builds.

HV SRT said:
Thanks guys. The Roe is the original sc ,but I did mod the plate under the blower. The pulley I bought from Kyle. The cam is Joe's custom grind from PBJ. the compression is just a little less than stock. About 9.5 . With the cam I needed new springs,push rods,rocker arms and spacers for the valve covers. The heads and valves are stock. No porting.I also have 65 psi injectors and dual pumps in the tank.

I'm thinking the CAM,springs,push rods and rocker arms are KEY to the great build and excellent#'s!:rock:

TNVIPER said:
BTW..who did the tuning?
Tom Wong he owns his own shop in Vancouver, Washington. He spent 9 hours tuning the truck. I dropped the truck off on thur. and when I left 4 hours later he had it up to 592rwhp. He called me friday around noon and he was at 660rwhp and was going to start the meth tune and timing advance.

A good tune takes time....sounds like yours did his job...mine took about 5 hrs but he had a lot of experience tuning Roes..............is yours with the SCT?

GREAT NUMBERS HOSS!

If you want a 10 lbs pulley I will send you mine as soon as I receive it! Yours to test and tune and have a copy made! Then when I build my engine SO BETTER SEND IT BACK;)

Y'all just think what this thing would do with the new Whipple.............that extra 1000 cfm and his modifications would be an easy 800 whp machine!

good job, and get those pic rolling!

bigike said:
GREAT NUMBERS HOSS!

If you want a 10 lbs pulley I will send you mine as soon as I receive it! Yours to test and tune and have a copy made! Then when I build my engine SO BETTER SEND IT BACK;)

Y'all just think what this thing would do with the new Whipple.............that extra 1000 cfm and his modifications would be an easy 800 whp machine!

good job, and get those pic rolling!
Let me know when you get that 10 lb. pulley. I would love to try it and yes I would send it back.

Maybe I can get with Eddie and you could contact Dan and pay shipping from him to you. That would cut out alot of shipping!

TNVIPER said:
A good tune takes time....sounds like yours did his job...mine took about 5 hrs but he had a lot of experience tuning Roes..............is yours with the SCT?
I have a Vec3 not a SCT computer.
My tuner had experience with the Vec2 but not the Vec3. But I bought from Roe the software disc and he did call Sean 2 or 3 times.

Who done the work to your fuel rails?:dontknow: I you don't mind me asking how much did that set you back?:D

kyle's srt10 said:
Who done the work to your fuel rails?:dontknow: I you don't mind me asking how much did that set you back?:D
My employee who built the motor. I just had to pay for the parts . My company paid the wages.

Sweet ##### when it is all done you may have to post up a final parts and work list for us guys going the same route Roe, if you want to that is, I would love to have the specs for a 700rwhp 10 also. Thanks again.:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

all I can say is your a man of envy now! I knew It could be done and you proved it for us. now can I get on your band wagon:D and thank you again for the info. Great Job.:marchmellow:

HV SRT said:
My employee who built the motor. I just had to pay for the parts . My company paid the wages.

You think you could get him to do mine? Of course I'll pay him though:D

On another note I've been thinking about having the Roe ported:dontknow: I think it would make it just as efficient as the new one if not more:rock:

I don't know from researching, the whipple is and has been a whole new dog since 2005. Roe said porting wouldn't do anything :dontknow:

He also said the whipple wasn't much more proformance..................... EDO proved that a little wrong............ 80+ hp wrong.

bigike said:
I don't know from researching, the whipple is and has been a whole new dog since 2005. Roe said porting wouldn't do anything :dontknow:

He also said the whipple wasn't much more proformance..................... EDO proved that a little wrong............ 80+ hp wrong.

The current limitation in the ROE is not the blower. It is the intake. Getting a new blower capable of more CFM will NOT net much gain if the intake limitation is not addressed. HV SRT did some intake work, and he has seen a significant gain with the old ROE blower. Maybe with intake work there might be gains by changing.

Sean Roe is seldom "wrong"... that is one of those statements that come from the fingers and not the brain...his history is pretty strong.

Prof said:
Sean Roe is seldom "wrong"... that is one of those statements that come from the fingers and not the brain...his history is pretty strong.

but obveiously(sp) modifying the s/c plate, intake plate did increase hp in this case.

whats the deal with the new plate, when i ordered mine sean said i had to wait till the new design arrives b/c of the weak ones they had made. but mine is still a two piece design. the plate that was mounted to the s/c bottom with the holes and a manifold plate. hv said his is a single plate design :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back