Roe Supercharger

It is not obvious to me that the results are from the plate changes...possible maybe even probable but there are too many other variables to jump to the single conclusion.

Roy,
Based on the work that PBJ did, the bottle neck for us is the intake. Power is based on air and fuel. Joe was able to make my heads flow more than the stock ROE intake could. So to get more power we need to move more air. What HV SRT did improved air flow. Certainly all the other things add up to incresed power ie: cam and head work. But without more air, it would not matter. I think we are on the verge of seeing several ROE builds prove it has the power. When mine gets tuned, I expect it to be in the same ball park.

First things first. The compression ratio needs to remain as close to stock as possible. See my previous post.

Prof.

I don't mean anything by saying he was wrong, and I say that knowing that Sean is a extremely smart man/company.

But EOD made almost 100 more hp than my truck with less done to the engine and no meth......... on a canned tune. The whipple does improve power and cfm is what the engine lacks.

Look the Novi 2000 puts out 1000 something cfm it make 750 hp and that the ceiling on a unported engine on high boost. The Lysholm puts out 1150 cfm and hits a ceiling of 700 hp on a modified engine................ Whipple 2100 cfm and 635 hp untuned no meth and only headers as option........ The whipple will be the way, the intake will not be changed. It just costs too much money.

Would be nice to send my truck off to hogans and have one built...........$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

550 hp is nice 750 is going to be NICER:) I cant wait!

750 is rare air...

I hope we have considered all of the issues...

HV SRT said:
Tom Wong he owns his own shop in Vancouver, Washington. He spent 9 hours tuning the truck. I dropped the truck off on thur. and when I left 4 hours later he had it up to 592rwhp. He called me friday around noon and he was at 660rwhp and was going to start the meth tune and timing advance.
tommy wong is the man for tuning around these parts !!!! :rock:

congrats on the #'s don, will be interesting what you get out of your truck @ the track..... :D

Now for everyone one that states the intake is the problem are you talking about the intake above or below the supercharger?

CIMG1476-1.jpg

Congrats Don! I think you have a killer combination, stock to mild heads with stockish compression, mild boost, and a great cam profile is what these smaller power adders need to make good #'s. I would make sure and pull all the plugs and evaluate them for rich/lean conditions, especially with modifying the roe plate(s). Its an easy fix with a VEC to fix any problem cylinders. Thanks for all the repeat business, it really is appreciated!!
Justin

We do not have any pics of the plate.:( :(
I'm confused,some of you said you have two plates. One under the sc and one in the manifold. When I got my sc from Roe (nov 07)it had 2 plates that fit into slots in the manifold. When I found out about the plate under the sc I got one and only used it. What kind of plates does everyone else have?

which plate did you mod. The one the supercharger bolts to or the ones inside the manifold the 2 restricter plates.

HV SRT said:
The one that bolts to the bottom of the sc.
alriight what exactly did you do. You have the hole where the sc blts on then you have where the by-pass valve goes what did you mod or did you just leave the plates out?

I talk to Sean about modding the plate when I order it . I told him I wanted to flow more air. Sean mark on the plate where to drill 1/4" holes. My builder came up with another idea and I told him lets try it. What he did was enlarge every slot in the plate by the same area of a 1/4" hole. He only enlarged the sides of the slots not the length. Some of you seem to think the plate mod was my way to get to 700hp. but I think the cam and the fuel system have more to do with my numbers.Oh and my builder. He takes his time and just does it right.:rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back