Roll Control / Line Lock Kit

Looks good.
Couple of questions:

- The LL bracket looks like it's made to hang the solenoid under the MC. Is that correct?

- Is the LL bracket 'formed' to fit correctly onto the MC bolts, or is it totally flat?

- Is the wiring harness setup so that the brake lights come on when the line lock is engaged?

does look good. the different placement of the solonoid may be better for the short brake line. all it needs now is some of justin's powdercoat

Kevan;

I will install the bracket and solenoid this weekend and take pictures to show you rather than try and explain.

The harness WILL NOT light the brakes while engaged. The brake lights will only be on for the short time while you actually have the pedal depressed during the "setting" process.

Kevan said:
Looks good.
Couple of questions:

- The LL bracket looks like it's made to hang the solenoid under the MC. Is that correct?

- Is the LL bracket 'formed' to fit correctly onto the MC bolts, or is it totally flat?

- Is the wiring harness setup so that the brake lights come on when the line lock is engaged?

eddie102870 said:
does look good. the different placement of the solonoid may be better for the short brake line. all it needs now is some of justin's powdercoat

We could work PCing into the package, most likely would be a set color such as "red", or "black", unless the buyer was willing to wait while custom coloring was done.

Questions guys:

1. Preference - Polished, Natural, or Powdercoated lines?
2. LED Color - Blue, White, or Red?
3. Switch type - Safety Switch w/cover, small rocker, etc?

azpyroguy said:
Questions guys:

1 Polished
2 Red
3 Safety Switch

azpyroguy said:
Kevan;

I will install the bracket and solenoid this weekend and take pictures to show you rather than try and explain.

The harness WILL NOT light the brakes while engaged. The brake lights will only be on for the short time while you actually have the pedal depressed during the "setting" process.
Gotcha.

Just so you know: In order for the line lock system to be street legal, the brake lights must be illuminated while the line lock system is engaged.
No biggie for the track, but it is kinda important on the street.

If you want info on how to do that, let me know. It's very easy. I'd be happy to send over a diagram.

I look forward to the pics! :)

Kevan said:
Gotcha.

Just so you know: In order for the line lock system to be street legal, the brake lights must be illuminated while the line lock system is engaged.
No biggie for the track, but it is kinda important on the street.

If you want info on how to do that, let me know. It's very easy. I'd be happy to send over a diagram.

I look forward to the pics! :)

Right now the system is NOT designed to light the brake lights, as tapping into the factory wiring was not in the plan, not only does that introduce a liability issue, but a support issue... of people asking questions like... which wire in my "model, year, type, make,etc.." do I connect it to, and as we all know manufacturures love to change wire colors and functions through the model year, and sometimes mid year...

We might be able to make a pigtail output that CAN be used to light the break lights but it would be up to the person installing it to locate the appropriate wire under the dash to connect it to.

Also I am not quite sure what someone would be doing on the street and also engaging their line-lock, other than for a burnout... but thats illeagal to start with... so having their brake lights light up while doing an illegal burnout on the street would be the least of their worries.... let alone most of the owners of these trucks and their other mods make question to them being legal in the first place... such as catless mids...catch cans, and various other emission systems being removed or disabled...

Thats just my opinion... every line lock kit that I have ever seen never light the brake lights up once engaged....

azpyroguy said:
Also I am not quite sure what someone would be doing on the street and also engaging their line-lock, other than for a burnout... but thats illeagal to start with... so having their brake lights light up while doing an illegal burnout on the street would be the least of their worries.... let alone most of the owners of these trucks and their other mods make question to them being legal in the first place... such as catless mids...catch cans, and various other emission systems being removed or disabled...
Line locks are quite legal.
They're not always used for burnouts. Some folks use them as a "hill holder"- when you're trying to get going at a steep intersection without rolling backward (or forward). There are other uses for them besides lighting up the tires.

I understand your liability issue, but there's also the legality issue. Sort of a crappy Catch-22.

And just so you know, it's the same wire/color wire in 2004-2006 SRT-10 trucks.

azpyroguy said:
Thats just my opinion... every line lock kit that I have ever seen never light the brake lights up once engaged....
Except for mine. :D

Kevan said:
Line locks are quite legal.
They're not always used for burnouts. Some folks use them as a "hill holder"- when you're trying to get going at a steep intersection without rolling backward (or forward). There are other uses for them besides lighting up the tires.

I understand your liability issue, but there's also the legality issue. Sort of a crappy Catch-22.

And just so you know, it's the same wire/color wire in 2004-2006 SRT-10 trucks.

Except for mine. :D

We will probably just make a pigtail output that CAN be connected to the brake lights, giving the user the choice weather or not they want to engage the lights, and the instructions will state clearly that if you plan on engaging the system on the street you must connect this wire to the appropriate wire under the dash that lights your break lights... this relieving us of the liability, and making the system legal becuase "we told you so".

azpyroguy said:
Questions guys:

1. Natural
2. Red
3. Safety Switch w/ cover

I don't think the brake tail light connection option is needed....and thanks for your efforts in making this kit available. :burnout:

Kevin,
with all due respect brother, you got a line lock already! I hope you're just giving some advise here. :dontknow: You don't want another so what do you care right?
As for my (future) kit I buy from Mr A, it doesn't matter if the lights are connected. Over here, and across europe I presume, it's illegal to adapt your brake system, period. But I don't care !:D :rock:

I hope the kit stays as intended, can't afford any delay in delivery :rock: :D

peace yall!

With all returned respect Floor, it is purely advice.
I made mistakes and I wanted to help others NOT make those same mistakes.

Now I know i'm a FORD guy, but Sal over at PSP (powersurge performance) makes a hell of bolt up, premade kit using Hurst solenoid. They are awesome.
All lines are prebent and it comes with everything needed except the safety switch. They were $100 IIRC. I'm sure he can make a great deal for you guys too. They are currently moving but here is a link. http://www.powersurgeperformance.net/

I hope this helps.

Fepony said:
Now I know i'm a FORD guy, but Sal over at PSP (powersurge performance) makes a hell of bolt up, premade kit using Hurst solenoid. They are awesome.
All lines are prebent and it comes with everything needed except the safety switch. They were $100 IIRC. I'm sure he can make a great deal for you guys too. They are currently moving but here is a link. http://www.powersurgeperformance.net/

I hope this helps.

Every member gets what's best for them, however we try as a forum to support the supporting vendors on this site.

SrtBrad said:
Every member gets what's best for them, however we try as a forum to support the supporting vendors on this site.

Sorry...i didn't realize there were vendors for those here. I thought you guys were just looking. I did not mean to take anyones business elsewhere. My bad...sorry.:dontknow:

Fepony said:
Sorry...i didn't realize there were vendors for those here. I thought you guys were just looking. I did not mean to take anyones business elsewhere. My bad...sorry.:dontknow:

I get parts outside the forum supporting vendors all the time. It's just a matter of price, availability, and options that will be the deciding factor of if I use a supporting vendor or not. Competition is healthy and there is nothing wrong with looking at other products. All I'm saying is if a supporting vendor has the same type of acc as another company then I always go with a supporting vendor. What does the comany in your link offer that this line lock kit doesn't?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back