The ROE page.

Rickspeed said:
I might have figured out my issue, 3rd/middle cylinder on drivers side, I believe cylinder 5 plug is bad.
Wasnt that mentioned earlier? That would be good news if it fixes it.

SANTEEN said:
Wasnt that mentioned earlier? That would be good news if it fixes it.

Yes I had mentioned it in a few posts.

Stay away from platinum and iridium plugs use a standard copper plug one or two steps colder

So I swapped injectors this morning, and even though the resistance matched the other injectors, it must be dumping fuel or stuck open. So now the question is where do I get a Delphi 01D030B 42# injector, and why it went bad when the Roe kit I bought had less than 300 miles on it? So my main question is has anyone had issues with the injectors that come with the Roe Kit?

Have just started working with Sean on a multiple pass radiator to optimize the cooling of the engine. Sean developed a multiple pass radiator for the Viper and this will be his product for our trucks...I will keep you posted on the R&D...

Ramchargerguy said:
Yes I had mentioned it in a few posts.

Stay away from platinum and iridium plugs use a standard copper plug one or two steps colder

My iridiums are working great.

Rickspeed said:
So I swapped injectors this morning, and even though the resistance matched the other injectors, it must be dumping fuel or stuck open. So now the question is where do I get a Delphi 01D030B 42# injector, and why it went bad when the Roe kit I bought had less than 300 miles on it? So my main question is has anyone had issues with the injectors that come with the Roe Kit?
I'm sure someone on here has upgraded the injectors that originally came with the ROE. You should be able to find one pretty quick. In the mean time, you could probably install the stock injector. Just dont stomp on it to hard.

SANTEEN said:
I'm sure someone on here has upgraded the injectors that originally came with the ROE. You should be able to find one pretty quick. In the mean time, you could probably install the stock injector. Just dont stomp on it to hard.

The Roe kit raises the fuel rails and comes with longer injectors than the OEM.........at least this is how my kit came 3 yrs ago.....if the Roe injectors are the same length as the stock injectors then someone modified your fuel rail bases or Roe changed the type of injector.

Compare your stock injectors with the ones that came with your Roe.....if the same I would call Sean Roe to verify he changed the type injectors..

Always call Sean first...you can't go wrong with that as your first step.

TNVIPER said:
The Roe kit raises the fuel rails and comes with longer injectors than the OEM.........at least this is how my kit came 3 yrs ago.....if the Roe injectors are the same length as the stock injectors then someone modified your fuel rail bases or Roe changed the type of injector.

Compare your stock injectors with the ones that came with your Roe.....if the same I would call Sean Roe to verify he changed the type injectors..

When I got the kit, I called Sean to verify I got the right parts, and explained what the injectors looked like, and he said yeah, those are the ones with the blue collar on them. They are def not stock injectors. But that part number comes back as a 42# not 48#. I will be calling him on Monday to ask that same question. My stock ones are skinny and the ones I got with the Roe are twice the size. I will measure length tonight. Thanks.

TNVIPER said:

He is correct. You can't use shorty injectors with the Roe, unless you cut the base of the fuel rails. Easier to buy correct size injectors.

Rickspeed said:
When I got the kit, I called Sean to verify I got the right parts, and explained what the injectors looked like, and he said yeah, those are the ones with the blue collar on them. They are def not stock injectors. But that part number comes back as a 42# not 48#. I will be calling him on Monday to ask that same question. My stock ones are skinny and the ones I got with the Roe are twice the size. I will measure length tonight. Thanks.

Remember our fuel pressure is higher than standard and will flow more (than fuel injector standards for measurement), could be the reason for the different numbers. I posted awhile back on this. If I find the post, I will link it.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35869&highlight=injectors+shorty

These are the shorties

[SIZE=-1]Part # INJ-GAS-0002 (S107FM) Part # 107962[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Static Flow Rate: 60 lb/hr @ 43.5PSI (300kPa) = 630cc/hr (sold as 65lb/hr by some vendors) [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Coil Resistance: 12.5 Ohms / High Impedance / High-Z(No ECM driver modifications required)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Gain: 0.11ms/mg, Offset: 0.055ms, Turn on time: 1.14ms @ 14VDC, Turn off time: 0.85ms @ 600KPa[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Wide angle spray pattern

Our fuel pressure is about 58 psi if I remember correctly.
[/SIZE]

One very important note. If the Injector is stuck open and dumping fuel. CHANGE YOUR OIL. fastest way to fugge bearings up.

DevilDawg3097 said:
One very important note. If the Injector is stuck open and dumping fuel. CHANGE YOUR OIL. fastest way to fugge bearings up.
Damn I drove it around for a bit, while trying to figure out the issue. Think I did damage?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back