The ROE page.

Bone said:
Your long term fuel trims are high. Meaning you are running lean at idle and your PCM is adapting for it by adding fuel. Need to increase your injector offset with the VEC. Or with a Split Second controller or similar device.

Strange to see a big difference between the two 31.3 and 14.8, should be close to the same.

What are your short trim readings? Are they near zero with these (31 and 14)?

Could be high cause the PCM is not completed all readiness tests yet, need to do more driving tonight.

Bone said:
http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42521

For all 2004-2006 SRT-10 Ram trucks with a Roe Racing supercharger kit. This procedure must be followed if the battery is ever disconnected or drained to the point of the truck not starting.

1. Disconnect all three PCM connectors for about 10 minutes. By doing this, you are erasing the PCM adaptive memory. The PCM is located on the firewall directly above and behind the passenger side front wheel.

2. Disconnect the TPS (throttle position sensor) on the driver’s side of the throttle body. Ensure all wire connections are correct.

3. Disconnect the IAC (idle air control motor) on the air plenum located on the passenger side directly behind the air filter. Ensure all wire connections are correct.

4. With the PCM disconnected, make sure the throttle cable and throttle linkage is adjusted properly for wide-open throttle. The driver’s floor mat should be removed as it can inhibit accelerator pedal travel.

5. After wide-open throttle is verified or adjusted, reconnect the PCM, TPS and IAC connectors after 10 minutes has elapsed from the start of this procedure.

6. Turn the key to the "on" position, but DO NOT start the engine.

7. With the drivers floor mat out of the truck, slowly press the accelerator to full throttle, then repeat. By doing this, you are showing the TPS (throttle position sensor) full throttle. Without this information in the PCM, it will not correctly calculate how to make the engine run properly.

8. Turn the key off then start the truck without touching the accelerator.

9. Let the engine idle for approximately 2-3 minutes.

10. After idling, drive easy, then progressively harder over the course of about 10-20 minutes.

11. The truck will drive differently during the first 20-40 miles because the PCM is learning the new adaptives.

To get the signal for the A/F gauge, tap into one of the wires coming from the O2 sensor going to the VEC3.

I did all that 2 times, thanks.

I can suggest do you have your old spark plugs just to try and see if the problem goes away if not try a different set of regular copper type 1 or 2 steps colder.

One other thing try putting the sct stock program back in the truck and reload the files onto he sct using the dcx live load. Then reinstall in the truck. I had a bad load once.

Rickspeed said:
Could be high cause the PCM is not completed all readiness tests yet, need to do more driving tonight.
Do you have a large aftermarket Cam in it? I haven't read all the posts.

If not, something else is wrong. Shouldn't be reading that high on one side.
- possibly wrong setting on VEC 3 - Are you using Viper Gen 2/3 'Internal' or 'Stock' Map sensor box setting?
- VEC harness not properly attached to PCM.

The PCM can only correct up to about 30-33% and you are at the max now with 31.3 on long term trim.

Disregard if you have a SCT, since you can't edit those functions.

Last edited:
Bone said:
Do you have a large aftermarket Cam in it? I haven't read all the posts.

If not, something else is wrong. Shouldn't be reading that high on one side.
- possibly wrong setting on VEC 3 - Are you using Viper Gen 2/3 'Internal' or 'Stock' Map sensor box setting?
- VEC harness not properly attached to PCM.

The PCM can only correct up to about 30-33% and you are at the max now with 31.3 on long term trim.

Disregard if you have a SCT, since you can't edit those functions.

No Cam, No VEC.

Tonights numbers after a 20 minute drive. PCM still has not completed readiness. Let me know what you guys think?

abslt tps (%) 19.6
calc load (%) 3.9
coolant 176 degrees
engine rpm between 730-780
iat 145 degrees
ign adv (deg) 16
lt fl trm1 (%) 26.6
lt fl trm2 (%) 12.5
map ("hg) 7.4
02s 1-1 (%) 4.00-65.00
02s 1-1 (v) .100-.800
02s 2-1 (%) 4.00-65.00
02s 2-1 (v) .100-.800
st fl trm1 (%) -3.0-3.0
st fl trm2 (%) -3.0-3.0

DevilDawg3097 said:
how is it running now?

Not hitting the throttle hard, just normal driving sounds like a slight constant sputter. but when I get on it, smooth as glass. Tonight I met up with rocky, and seems the glug glug glug glug noise at idle is normal with our trucks cause his is stock and i hear it, but not as loud. :dontknow:

Here of some pics of where im at in the install. working on water/meth next. Can anyone tell me what generation Roe setup I have by the pics?

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Looks good, no heat shield for the air filter? It looks like the 3.3L Lynsholm supercharger someone esle should be able to verify that me.

Edit just noticed no breather filter and hose coming off passenger side?

Last edited:
Ramchargerguy said:
Looks good, no heat shield for the air filter? It looks like the 3.3L Lynsholm supercharger someone esle should be able to verify that me.

Edit just noticed no breather filter and hose coming off passenger side?

Waiting for the paint to dry on the heat shield. Did not like the silver color, painted it high temp black. Pic was taken before I installed catch can.

Rickspeed said:
Waiting for the paint to dry on the heat shield. Did not like the silver color, painted it high temp black. Pic was taken before I installed catch can.

Oh ok, where you IAt temps taken without the shield in place? If so they should drop. Which catch can did you go with?

Some of the pcm readings take 40 to 60 miles to register, so a little more driving is required...I have never used my heat shield...it is sitting around here some where, I think.

I think you should spring for a breather on the drivers side (get it from Sean) and I have my catch can receiving from the rear of the drivers side...you will note that the pressure from the passenger side rear vent is minimal (because engine rotation direction is toward the drivers side).

Breather in this pic:

Candy5.jpg

Catch can in this pic:

IMG_0002-10.jpg

Rickspeed said:
Tonights numbers after a 20 minute drive. PCM still has not completed readiness. Let me know what you guys think?

abslt tps (%) 19.6
calc load (%) 3.9
coolant 176 degrees
engine rpm between 730-780
iat 145 degrees
ign adv (deg) 16
lt fl trm1 (%) 26.6
lt fl trm2 (%) 12.5
map ("hg) 7.4
02s 1-1 (%) 4.00-65.00
02s 1-1 (v) .100-.800
02s 2-1 (%) 4.00-65.00
02s 2-1 (v) .100-.800
st fl trm1 (%) -3.0-3.0
st fl trm2 (%) -3.0-3.0

Long term trims still too high and unbalanced (26+12) and your short term trims are no longer correcting for it at -3. Need to tune idle before rest of tune for truck. So something isn't sitting right at the trims. Best I can tell you just looking at the numbers alone. Let Sean know when you talk to him.

IAT is high still too, even without heat shield.

At least you put a scanner to it and know where the issue is to start with trouble-shooting.

Prof said:
Some of the pcm readings take 40 to 60 miles to register, so a little more driving is required...I have never used my heat shield...it is sitting around here some where, I think.

I think you should spring for a breather on the drivers side (get it from Sean) and I have my catch can receiving from the rear of the drivers side...you will note that the pressure from the passenger side rear vent is minimal (because engine rotation direction is toward the drivers side).

Breather in this pic:

Candy5.jpg

Catch can in this pic:

IMG_0002-10.jpg

Hey Prof,your not gonna find your heat shield any where there, its under my hood:D ,Thanks again Prof:rock:

Now I remember! Yup, it was laying around here and you needed it...

Getting old really kills memory...I keep forgetting that I am married too!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back