The ROE page.

TNVIPER said:
Got the MAP sensor re-routed....truck runs fine until the boost guage reads anything above zero...then it falls on it's face....A/F guage reads 10.0 which is as low as it will go....I am not sure whether the engine stumbles because fuel goes so rich or it is actually going lean but the guage doesnt react fast enough....I dont hold the pedal down because if it is going way lean it might kaboom!!

Probably going to need a temp tune from Torrie till I can get with him and tune it......

Anyone else run into this after moving the MAP from the box on top of the blower to the a line connected to the lower intake?

From my experience,you will have to go back to a base ROE tune,whats happening is in the tune you have now,there was so much fuel added because the map wasn't reading boost,so now its reading boost and over fueling hard which can wash out rings,10.0 is super fat,try a base tune for the ROE and then you will have to fine tune after,thats what I'm going through now.

Joe you forgot to add that you can light the engine on fire on the dyno.

Yellow venom said:
From my experience,you will have to go back to a base ROE tune,whats happening is in the tune you have now,there was so much fuel added because the map wasn't reading boost,so now its reading boost and over fueling hard which can wash out rings,10.0 is super fat,try a base tune for the ROE and then you will have to fine tune after,thats what I'm going through now.

I will wait on Torrie to give me a base as I have too many mods to use a std Roe base tune....69LB injectors, 10LB pulley, etc........one thing to remember is Torrie developed the original tunes for the Roe SC...he and Sean worked together....

I agree with the over fueling due to the boost....when Torrie tuned my truck the MAP was only reading vacuum up to zero pressure...the engine actually ran well at WOT since it was tuned based on the MAP readings...but it did cause some inconsistancy and seemd to cause problems when going from closed loop to open loop.....hence a short lean out when tipping in the throttle...

TNVIPER said:
I will wait on Torrie to give me a base as I have too many mods to use a std Roe base tune....69LB injectors, 10LB pulley, etc........one thing to remember is Torrie developed the original tunes for the Roe SC...he and Sean worked together....

I agree with the over fueling due to the boost....when Torrie tuned my truck the MAP was only reading vacuum up to zero pressure...the engine actually ran well at WOT since it was tuned based on the MAP readings...but it did cause some inconsistancy and seemd to cause problems when going from closed loop to open loop.....hence a short lean out when tipping in the throttle...

Yeah,sounds exactly what mine was doing,yeah base tune to your mods,I'm running very simular set up,but with 49LB injectors and 11LB boost.Best of luck Larry:rock:

Yellow venom said:
Yeah,sounds exactly what mine was doing,yeah base tune to your mods,I'm running very simular set up,but with 49LB injectors and 11LB boost.Best of luck Larry:rock:

Thanks for the help Joe....this has been a very productive thread....dont see this much anymore...:dontknow: :)

hi guys, VIPER asked me to look at this thread and maybe give some advise :eek:

My superfast install :D took about a month :rock: , now some years ago.... wasn't that much work but i took my time , enjoying the evenings wrenching ... i just followed carefully the very good manual from ROE and the engine started directly and still runs perfect :rock:

What i changed : i solderd longer wires to the VEC so that i could put that box/card reader in a extra water tight box , placed in the spare battery tray.

Never had problems in rain or car wash.
Meanwhile i think there are extra wires availeble for even mounting it in the dasboard :dontknow:

Parts and manual are great from ROE :congrats: just don't hurry anything, take your time ;)

on track...
www.vette.be/zolder2.mpg

belgiumbarry said:
hi guys, VIPER asked me to look at this thread and maybe give some advise :eek:

My superfast install :D took about a month :rock: , now some years ago.... wasn't that much work but i took my time , enjoying the evenings wrenching ... i just followed carefully the very good manual from ROE and the engine started directly and still runs perfect :rock:

What i changed : i solderd longer wires to the VEC so that i could put that box/card reader in a extra water tight box , placed in the spare battery tray.

Never had problems in rain or car wash.
Meanwhile i think there are extra wires availeble for even mounting it in the dasboard :dontknow:

Parts and manual are great from ROE :congrats: just don't hurry anything, take your time ;)

on track...
www.vette.be/zolder2.mpg

thank you for taking the time out to help us young ones :) any suggestions or advise that can be giving would be wonderful and greatly appreciated

i am amp'ed about my install of the 3.4L Roe s/c and i just cant wait to get it completed - but you are correct,... take your time - do it right

thanks for the advise

Chris

VIPER said:
thank you for taking the time out to help us young ones :) any suggestions or advise that can be giving would be wonderful and greatly appreciated

i am amp'ed about my install of the 3.4L Roe s/c and i just cant wait to get it completed - but you are correct,... take your time - do it right

thanks for the advise

Chris
Yeah, sweet cheeks. You dont wanna screw this one up.

Ok, parts have been coming all week. Few questions before I start the install.
Which bank/side should i put my wideband o2 sensor in?
Use ROE's wiring harness for the meth/water kit or a progressive controller?
Thanks

Rickspeed said:
Ok, parts have been coming all week. Few questions before I start the install.
Which bank/side should i put my wideband o2 sensor in?
Use ROE's wiring harness for the meth/water kit or a progressive controller?
Thanks

Technically you should have a wideband in both pipes but mine is in the drivers pipe. Yellow venom is using the ROE controller with no issues. I like using the Snow Performance one. Roe is progressive and so is the Snow stage 2&3

Ramchargerguy said:
Technically you should have a wideband in both pipes but mine is in the drivers pipe. Yellow venom is using the ROE controller with no issues. I like using the Snow Performance one. Roe is progressive and so is the Snow stage 2&3

Thanks, I got everything but the wiring for the roe meth/water injection kit, trying to figure out whats the better option, order a new harness from roe, or just get a progressive control from snow or devilsown.

Wonder if AEM makes a dual wide band, might just have to go with the innovative.

Rick,

make sure you take LOTS of pictures and post them up !!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back