Things you don't like about the SRT-10

wo1sjb said:
500 watts at the flywheel? ;)

How much you want for that bridge? .....I just bought some beachfront property in Arizona I may need a bridge for. :D
I thougth it was 500 'whaats' at the rear wheels? :dontknow:

Heck coming from a Honda S2000, this truck is perfect for me... Plenty big, plenty powerful, and plenty "looks mean"!! :burnout:

I can feel, though, what you guys are talking about concerning the clutch and hydraulics issues :( But I can always address that down the line... I'm having a ball learning this truck and hearing the mighty V-10 ROAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rock:

The truck has an identity crisis.

Some of you may think I'm crazy for saying this, but I think this truck has an identity crisis. Which brings me to the only thing that bothers me about this truck: The fact that it says Viper on the motor, "Viper powered" on the damn hood, and some of the other Viper cues in the interior. don't get me wrong, I love this truck and I love the Viper cars, but this truck is cool enough without hanging on the coat tails of the Viper car!

The Dodge Viper is an awesome machine and so is the Ram SRT-10. But they are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT VEHICLES. This truck would have been received much better if it had it's own identity..separate from the Viper car. I think sometimes the whole Viper-truck image make people forget it's just a pickup with a Viper motor. They expect something more. Bottom line it is an awesome, fast ride and I love it. However, I think the whole Viper connection inflates some people's expectations of what our trucks are really capable of. In the end, it's just a fast, beautiful truck. Dodge should have called it something simple the "Ram 505", used the same drivetrain but ditched the "hey, look at me..Viper! Viper! Viper!" valve covers, replaced the Viper shift knob with one that pairs much better with a Hurst shifter...duh....a Hurst shift knob, and called it a day.

well, shoulda, woulda, coulda,....the truck is what it is. Sheesh, human nature, always wanting something more, more better, etc.,. never enuff stuff.
That is the way Dodge put it out there, and in its time it will be a classic.
just my opinion...

Dallas

I agree the interior has way to much plastic for the price and the passenger seat in the 04's needs to be power. I would kill someone if they entered my truck with an open container of anything so I could care less about the drink holder :D

Wifey said:
I agree the interior has way to much plastic for the price and the passenger seat in the 04's needs to be power. I would kill someone if they entered my truck with an open container of anything so I could care less about the drink holder :D

Just keep the 2 yr olds out and you'll probably be fine..... live a little.....

D

Django said:
Just keep the 2 yr olds out and you'll probably be fine..... live a little.....

D
Truly you jest ............. No open containers, no cigarettes - no dirt, no dog hair, no kid germs, NUTTIN got it :D

Oh, I have a cover for her now, so she will stay nice and clean all winter ;)

Wifey said:
Truly you jest ............. No open containers, no cigarettes - no dirt, no dog hair, no kid germs, NUTTIN got it :D

Noice..............;)

Mine gets a cover too.......even when she's sleepin' in the garage.....

D

Wifey said:

COVER?!?!?! :confused: In southern California?!?!? :dontknow: ......... WHY? :hmmmm2: :dontknow: :eek:

Black1 said:
COVER?!?!?! :confused: In southern California?!?!? :dontknow: ......... WHY? :hmmmm2: :dontknow: :eek:
Can you say drought, dust and UV index of 12000 plus at 4 thousand feet :D

Actually Jake, this is the exact opposite festerring shit hole Silverback lives in. It hasn't rained for decades now so the dust is a huge factor. Youwould not believe how dusty she gets sitting on her throne in the garage :(

Wifey said:
Actually Jake, this is the exact opposite festerring shit hole Silverback lives in. It hasn't rained for decades now so the dust is a huge factor. Youwould not believe how dusty she gets sitting on her throne in the garage :(

Just a theory.... But, if DUST is a problem.... a cover is the WORST thing you can do. :dontknow: :idea: DUST gets EVERYWHERE, no matter what you do. If you have something rubbing on the paint (ie: a cover), and dust comes up from the bottom and gets in between that rubbing........... :idea: Well, you know where I'm going with this. ;) :dancing:

the only complaint i have about my truck is the salesman called it a panty dropper and 2 years later not one set of panties have dropped.........................lying douchebag:)

i like it just the way it is though

Black1 said:
Just a theory.... But, if DUST is a problem.... a cover is the WORST thing you can do. :dontknow: :idea: DUST gets EVERYWHERE, no matter what you do. If you have something rubbing on the paint (ie: a cover), and dust comes up from the bottom and gets in between that rubbing........... :idea: Well, you know where I'm going with this. ;) :dancing:
Actually, I have thought hard and long about that - It is something I am kinda nervous about. The cover is the NOAH one and they claim the dust won't get in there and it is baby diaper soft on the back - hmmmmm... :dontknow:

I will try it and keep a close eye on it. If it accumulates any dust under there, I will ditch the cover... The underneath of the truck (frame, etc.) stay fairly clean, it is mostly what falls from overhead ....................

Wifey said:
Actually, I have thought hard and long about that - It is something I am kinda nervous about. The cover is the NOAH one and they claim the dust won't get in there and it is baby diaper soft on the back - hmmmmm... :dontknow:

I will try it and keep a close eye on it. If it accumulates any dust under there, I will ditch the cover... The underneath of the truck (frame, etc.) stay fairly clean, it is mostly what falls from overhead ....................
And did I mention it will only be used while she is sitting on her throne. Never out in the wind or outside. We have rollup doors so they don't seal 100%..

Have you ever seen the plastic bubbles you can park in. Kinda like the boy in the bubble theory. They seem KOOL :D

Wifey said:

That's cool then. :) If you're just worried about what falls from above, then a cover is the thing. :rock: I have a NOAH cover for the 'Vette as well. :)

Wifey said:
Have you ever seen the plastic bubbles you can park in. Kinda like the boy in the bubble theory. They seem KOOL :D

Those are SAWEEET, for sure... :rock: But, I think, more a novelty than anything. :( :eek: :dontknow: Unless you plan on keeping a vehicle sealed for about 10 years..... :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back