This guy definitely loves to detail !

@_JB_

Thanks! possibly you could name some products you use and maybe a couple instructions - that would be great!

After researching the internet on headlight restoration this is a video I came across .. makes sense instead of using the restorer kits sold .it maybe something to try as the kits are a pain in the glute to use and don’t appear to last very long ..

The guy in this video must have lungs similar in size to a Humpback Whale, as he NEVER seems to take a breath!

I'm not sure why he felt it important to mention he has 20" arms; maybe those poilshers are heavier than they look ;)

Anyway, the info presented might be good (although he recommended NOT to use 2K products like _JB_ uses). He gives a cryptic comment that it can cause "side-effects".

It would appear there are several ways to polish headlights. I havent seen any that last very long (yet), and that seems to be the common issue.

I appreciate people posting their information and what works for them, though.

Last edited:
Kind of a 500 to 800 grit thing???

I usually use 600 and as soon as you spray clearcoat it makes the lens crystal clear, I'll usually do 2-3 coats. Use 2000 to remove any orange peel then a polish to clean the lens up.

Its more or less like painting and if needed paint correction. I've tired multiple $20 headlight restorers but they fail after about a year.

IMG_20220825_221859.jpg
IMG_20220825_232526.jpg

Last edited:
I usually use 600 and as soon as you spray clearcoat it makes the lens crystal clear, I'll usually do 2-3 coats. Use 2000 to remove any orange peel then a polish to clean the lens up.

Its more or less like painting and if needed paint correction. I've tired multiple $20 headlight restorers but they fail after about a year.

View attachment 65954
View attachment 65953[/QUOTE
So the 2K lasts a bit longer??

Last edited:
The guy in this video must have lungs similar in size to a Humpback Whale, as he NEVER seems to take a breath!

I'm not sure why he felt it important to mention he has 20" arms; maybe those poilshers are heavier than they look ;)

Anyway, the info presented might be good (although he recommended NOT to use 2K products like _JB_ uses). He gives a cryptic comment that it can cause "side-effects".

It would appear there are several ways to polish headlights. I havent seen any that last very long (yet), and that seems to be the common issue.

I appreciate people posting their information and what works for them, though.

20" arms?? Mine are waaay longer than that!

Learned something new today! I would attempt that myself on an old unit to see how I did - Thank you

I've heard of the ceramic coat - I think the stealership I bought my daily through offered that for $800.00 :eek:

of course I passed but my BIL uses some ceramic in a bottle type product and really likes it.

is this ceramic something an every day Jane or Joe can use safely? My BIL is way more into car detailing than me so I haven't been brave enough to try it :D

I didn't get to look at the pics real good yesterday took another gander today - looks like it works very good! Made the plastics look new. I tried some product called back to black on my tucson (the exterior plastic trim) but it attracted dust like a magnet!! Same under the hood. I'm curious how this product does with dust, that is if you have any in FL LOL :D
Home now and will be watching the trucks for dust and lasting . Looks ok as f this evening .

VIPR PWR must have fallen into the engine bay :eek: or gave in to the overwhelming urge to do taxes!! Hahahaha
Yeah ,, Friday was real cluster …ended up being carted away in an ambulance and just got home tonight .. had. Stinking bugger clot remove from by brain ( stroke ) man I was messed up Friday but have mostly recovered , but am getting some nurse home thing and need to follow up with my cardiologist and my primary… high threat of a repeat at the moment ..

Well Happy Easter you all ! I did get an Easter bunny from the Nurse .

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back