What Did You Do to your Vehicle Today?

There are lots of opinions about wax...I think there are a few rules:

1. When you start the waxing process...you need to remove all of the previous wax...Dawn dishwashing detergent does this very well. Don't use Dawn for regular washings.

2. Machine or hand wax??? Ask the question then be consistent.

3. After removing all wax, then clay bar the entire vehicle...I do the wax removal and clay bar twice a year...but my truck is a garage queen that never sees rain or mud or even windy days outside.

4. I use Zaino for two reasons: its clarity and of great importance, its ease of use.

I use the Zaino process...after cleaning the surface, I spray and wipe it then apply the pink Zaino, very sparingly...just enough to get a little on the surface...I let it dry for 30 or 40 minutes or so and then hand buff it off. I usually do a second application immediately (if you are using the Zaino correctly, you will not get much wax on each time, and repeated applications are necessary to get full coverage.)

When you think you are not getting any Zaino on the surface...you are putting twice as much on as you need...a dime sized drop on the applicator is about what I need for the hood...really! If you have to do more than a quick light rub with a good cloth, you are using too much!

That is the secret in my mind...multiple very light coats of Zaino...application should take about 10 minutes, a 30 or 40 minute wait for the drying process and then a 10 minute buffing...with that scenario a wax process once a week is an easy way to a great surface for your truck!

Still wondering if the heat in the hard pipes is too much for the Zaino...guess I will try it and see...

joemags54 said:
Do you really feel I should remove the "old" wax before I put any more on?

yep.

i'm like Prof. do 2 major wax removals, clay bar, polish & wax a year.

i could tell a difference between not removin the old wax & removeal in the final job

:rock: :rock: :rock:

ZCx said:
yep.

i'm like Prof. do 2 major wax removals, clay bar, polish & wax a year.

i could tell a difference between not removin the old wax & removeal in the final job

:rock: :rock: :rock:
All you fellas manage to do, is add to my work load.:p Thanks, I've been wanting to clay bar the truck for some time. There is a product called "prepsol" I buy in body and fender places that will remove all the wax residue. My buddy Nelson, who did my pin, uses it before he adds his work to the finish.

Wax after a year or so starts to cloud and some even starts to turn yellow Joe! You probably only need to do it annually with your 14 miles a quarter...but 4 to 6 months and the wax IMO is hurting more than it is helping except for protection...

here was my "surprise" before panama...now i can post it....

decided to actually do something different...to add to the "project murder" which includes black badging, black wheels, i tinted the tails, and got the black headlights...then....the ghost flames that turned into very obvious flames:D a mix of white pearl, silver metallic, and candy brandywine, with a shot of blue pearl just on the tips...

i did it all by myself...the wheels, tails, badges, and the flames...and i'm not a paint/body man...so i think it came out great...

pcb20103.jpg

pcb20102.jpg

Hell yes, I think you could charge for doing that. Nice work man, Your truck looks killer. :rock:

viperhauler said:
hell no! now i know [for a fact] why they cost so freakin much:D

never again :D :D
Heh-heh At least you know you have a one of a kind ghost job.

Washed , Changed diff fluid, adjusted trac bars, Ran my best 1/4 [email protected]. Can't wait to get it on dyno and tune so I can improve my time. My reaction time sucks.

viperhauler said:

decided to actually do something different...to add to the "project murder" which includes black badging, black wheels, i tinted the tails, and got the black headlights...then....the ghost flames that turned into very obvious flames:D a mix of white pearl, silver metallic, and candy brandywine, with a shot of blue pearl just on the tips...

i did it all by myself...the wheels, tails, badges, and the flames...and i'm not a paint/body man...so i think it came out great...

pcb20103.jpg

pcb20102.jpg

It looked great in my rearveiw mirrow on the track lol:aetsch: :aetsch:

Laid about 4 coats of wax the day before knowing I was going to get it coated with rubber.

I used bounce dryer sheets, then I put more wax on it. Can't believe I ended up with rubber on my hood. It was some good smoke though :D

toolbox9.5 said:

pcb20103.jpg

pcb20102.jpg

Wow, that looks killer! :congrats:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back