whats it gonna run???

I thought maybe you driving his truck like you stole it would be a big difference. Lol

Theres a factor here you guys are over looking comparing the Paxton and the ROE, and it's the intercooler the Paxton uses to blow cooler air into engine compared to the hot compressed heat The ROE blows in the engine, I pulled my ROE and am doing a Paxton install with a monster intercooler, it's going to be around the same boost as the ROE I ran (11psi) but it's going to put out waaaay better!! Time will tell, install going slowly due to lack of time available to finish it off.

I think the main reason the high powered trucks have trouble is driver skill. Brad (Love this truck) is a great kid, but little experience drag racing. Back in Oct, 2009 both Brad and I were at Fontana. On the same day, same heat and within minutes of each other Brad ran a 12.47 @115 and I ran 12.45 @ 111. Brad had a dyno sheet of about 655 rwhp and I had laid down 502 rwhp NA. My truck had both seats and stock doors at the time so both trucks were close in weight ( I was minus my tailgate). Brad had his full slicks and I was on drag radials. So there is a good comparison, same track, same day, same time and 150 HP difference , and close in et. Biggest variable... Driver mod.

My best was a 12.1 on my fourth and final pass in the truck. I have no doubt you could do better than that, but not .6 seconds better like these guys are talking about.

I think the main reason the high powered trucks have trouble is driver skill. Brad (Love this truck) is a great kid, but little experience drag racing. Back in Oct, 2009 both Brad and I were at Fontana. On the same day, same heat and within minutes of each other Brad ran a 12.47 @115 and I ran 12.45 @ 111. Brad had a dyno sheet of about 655 rwhp and I had laid down 502 rwhp NA. My truck had both seats and stock doors at the time so both trucks were close in weight ( I was minus my tailgate). Brad had his full slicks and I was on drag radials. So there is a good comparison, same track, same day, same time and 150 HP difference , and close in et. Biggest variable... Driver mod.

Trainman is one of the best RC drivers on this board...maybe the best from a drag racing perspective.

But... one thing I haven't seen yet (and may have missed in all these posts...except YellowVenom refers to it a bit) is the understanding that a blower motor on a hot day will suffer more than a NOS motor, or even a N/A motor _especially if_ it is not an intercooled setup.

Take the example above... forget ET for a minute. 115mph vs. 111mph. There is absolutely _no way_ on _that particular day and time_, that there was 153rwhp difference in those two trucks. No chance. Driver mod will also yield faster trap speeds, too, as well as better ETs, but with a difference of 4mph, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that even if the driver's switched trucks, the difference in trap speed would only have been 6-7mph...maybe. That is not a 153rwhp difference in power output... more like 80rwhp max. Using this theory, suffice it to say that Brad's truck that made 655rwhp on the dyno was not actually making 655rwhp on the day he raced his truck. Could be b/c the air charge was very hot, which resulted in the tune pulling an exhorbitant amount of ignition timing out... I don't know. That certainly happens in some supercharged applications in an effort to tune them safely. I've datalogged many supercharged street cars over the years, and being down here in the Texas heat... you have to tune them conservatively if you're going to run them in all weather conditions. 5-6^ of timing retard can easily be 50-60rwhp in a supercharged application.

Nitrous doesn't need the best oxygen dense air on the day of a race to perform really well... you're creating your own atmospheric pressure and "good air" every time you hit the button.

Just throwing this out there. I don't have a ROE, Paxton/Procharger, or nitrous on my truck... but just have run a lot of forced induction applications for the past 20 yrs.

man sounds like a bunch of women trying to say which tampon is better.

want to know who is fastest? figure up a central spot , and everyone meet , an race.

wait, I forget, most will not drive over 50 miles from there house for a gtg or run a 1/8 mile track because they depend on hp to win over driver ability to get off the line;)

I agree, the earlier discussion with LovethisTruck regarding timeslips and his Roe. My mph with 594HP is 120 and his 116 with more HP doesn't make sense. Even with bad driving, horsepower still decides mph, his ET would suck, but mph should be higher.

My truck spiked at around 670 with spray, the HP curve was around 594 average. A lot of guys would brag about the 670 number even though its not accurate, just saying. I frequent the dyno and track a lot.

h
man sounds like a bunch of women trying to say which tampon is better.

want to know who is fastest? figure up a central spot , and everyone meet , an race.

wait, I forget, most will not drive over 50 miles from there house for a gtg or run a 1/8 mile track because they depend on hp to win over driver ability to get off the line;)

I'm down for a Mid country meet, I really wanted PCB, I think my truck would kick ass, especially 1/8th mile. Not to brag but I cut some good reaction times. Or redlight,lol

Last edited:
456 gears,6 speed manual trans and at 2000 rpm I'm over 600 lbs of torque at the wheels in a truck. That is not the best combo for drag racing. Thats why I road race it. I've said this before. If you want to drag race get any car and a nice big V8 and have fun.

Anybody in the Portland area I'll be at PIR on Monday Aug. 1st. I get 5 20 min. sessions on the track. Bring your helmet and I'll take you for a ride.

Anybody can get a car and go fast, its different getting a truck in the elevens. Your contradicting yourself by road racing a truck, buy a 350Z.

I drag race my wifes SRT Jeep and all 3 of my kids raced jr dragsters. I love drag racing. But I also love trucks. I have drag race my truck but all I did was break parts. So one day I went road racing and the truck is way better on a road course. So now when I want to play its on a road course.

Buy a 350Z ? No thanks. A Viper or a Vette. Maybe even a M3. Was at the track yesterday and the fastest cars where 2 Vettes,2 Porsches and a 2010 M3. They all pasted the 1 370Z that was there.

h

I'm down for a Mid country meet, I really wanted PCB, I think my truck would kick ass, especially 1/8th mile. Not to brag but I cut some good reaction times. Or redlight,lol

LOL we will see next year, talking with bobby about a 1/4 mile track for all the whiners ;)

456 gears,6 speed manual trans and at 2000 rpm I'm over 600 lbs of torque at the wheels in a truck. That is not the best combo for drag racing. Thats why I road race it. I've said this before. If you want to drag race get any car and a nice big V8 and have fun.

Anybody in the Portland area I'll be at PIR on Monday Aug. 1st. I get 5 20 min. sessions on the track. Bring your helmet and I'll take you for a ride.

Is 1005" enough? For only $125,000.00 each we all could own one!

Press Release

LOL we will see next year, talking with bobby about a 1/4 mile track for all the whiners ;)

It don't bother me either way, I don't bullshit at the track,1/8 or1/4 mile. Looks like a lot of builds going on, hopefully not a bunch of dyno queens that don't run. JK

I drag race my wifes SRT Jeep and all 3 of my kids raced jr dragsters. I love drag racing. But I also love trucks. I have drag race my truck but all I did was break parts. So one day I went road racing and the truck is way better on a road course. So now when I want to play its on a road course.

Buy a 350Z ? No thanks. A Viper or a Vette. Maybe even a M3. Was at the track yesterday and the fastest cars where 2 Vettes,2 Porsches and a 2010 M3. They all pasted the 1 370Z that was there.

Just saying, to each his own.

It don't bother me either way, I don't bullshit at the track,1/8 or1/4 mile. Looks like a lot of builds going on, hopefully not a bunch of dyno queens that don't run. JK

LOL I know ya man, you dont mess around, like the brutal 10 , its being done for one purpose, and wont matter 1/4 or 1/8th, by the way, you may wnat to calll this weekend, alot of suspension stuff going on you may be interested in for sure;)

Sounds good, will do, got some disposable cash I received last week, just have to decide what I want to do next.

II need to quit posting, this is the shit that happens when your fighting with the wife. Lol.

Driver is the biggest variable in this equation. Truck alone and no human error, lower 11's all day long since you have a fresh rebuild and all. Make sure to break it in properly toi ps

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back