Any Questions?

I got the jist of the thread I'm surprised it eluded Jeffey!!

Normally I'm shy and don't ask questions ;) but

How come I can't see my siggy line and
How do I find the emojis

thank you!! :)

Those smileys were because I know how to make those on the keypad but where are the emojis located?

Question for Ronnie

I don't have sufficient privileges to post in the for sale section. What do you need for those privileges?

with the lack of anything going on in this place why do we limit members from certain sections?

just wondering

Thanks!

Question for Ronnie

I don't have sufficient privileges to post in the for sale section. What do you need for those privileges?

with the lack of anything going on in this place why do we limit members from certain sections?

just wondering

Thanks!

I let everyone know over in that section you wanted to sell something, but they won't let you in !!

Maybe you have been dormant too long. (?)

Hope this helps.

Question for Ronnie

just wondering

Thanks!

What are you wanting to sell?

What are you wanting to sell?
Well nothing imparticular but I do have some things I may want to in the future. I have two wings that get in my way now and then :)

A red one and a silver one. Reds my favorite

Question for Ronnie

just wondering

Thanks!
I let everyone know over in that section you wanted to sell something, but they won't let you in !!

Hope this helps.

maybe that's the problem. Thank you. I don't have anything in mind at the moment - but I do have stuff left

Hope this helps.
So this morning I started my truck, and it threw codes P1763 & P1762. I looked it up and it deals with the tranny governor pressure sensor. How would it go bad over night? It's sluggish movement wise, until the truck gets rolling. Any ideas?

Well, it's reporting an actual transmission issue, a connectivity issue or a sensor issue.

It's sluggish because your transmission has defaulted to 3rd gear (Drive) as it does when in Limp-In Mode.

Well, it's reporting an actual transmission issue, a connectivity issue or a sensor issue.

It's sluggish because your transmission has defaulted to 3rd gear (Drive) as it does when in Limp-In Mode.
Ahh, makes sense, thanks Ronnie. I'll be taking it to the shop on Thursday so they can investigate, it's still under warranty. Hopefully it's a simple fix.

Hi Ronnie how’s it going. It’s been a long time. Glad to see your still here with all your knowledge. I still have my Nightrunner take it out every summer still love the truck. The only thing that hasn’t changed is my quest for heads and cam and making this a N/A beast. I got to the party late in 2012 for strikers. And not sure if anyone is making stuff for these trucks anymore. But if you have any ideas/ suggestions I’m all ears.
Plus I gotta say hi to Old Colt I haven’t said hi in years my apologies life got busy for a bit but I’m back now. Plus I see you still have my dyno on your YouTube channel, Awsome

HELLO!!!

Thanks for the compliment, it is appreciated.
Even when I'm not always paying attention to something, after 55 years of direct exposure to it, the facts sometimes stick!! :)

Like any hobby, you (should) share things you learn, or thought you've learned, I believe.

I thought performance engines were a tough topic to have agreement on!!
My interest in high-end audio was rekindled about 6 years ago. There exists NO single machine that spits out a system evaluation on audio equipment as far as what sounds great, good, fair or back to the drawing board.

At least our performance hobby uses dynos (although not always honestly) and MPH at the track for power and performance results.

Anyway, the induction setup and heads are largely responsible for a given engine's power output. And, it's a big deal.

N.A. is the toughest way to proceed.
I'm in awe of the racing achievements in Pro Stock. Or, any form of racing that produces crazy power from atmospheric pressure.

Strikers were designed well and worked well. To pick up 143 Wheel with a head and incremental camshaft change is amazing. Particularly through the 48RE power vampire automatic. And, there was even more HORSEPOWER on the table with a more aggressive cam profile. That however wasn't my goal. My 4th cam grind was an experiment for sure but provides just what was wanted and will likely stay put.

All I can suggest is to have your oem heads ported by someone that has a proven performance record. I have forgotten what you've done to your truck, apologies...

It's rare to find an evaluation that just includes the head swap however. So often it's ported heads, cam swap, compression increase, vehicle diet, exhaust work, gearing, suspension changes, etc.

With all that in the mix, it's hard to state conclusively: "Wow, that porting really worked!"

Proper porting does work, of course.

Or, a Gen IV swap kit that was available years ago will provide Striker power levels.
The Gen IV head was a Very Good piece and even exceeded the Strikers in the all-important mid valve-lift numbers.

Man, it's hard not to write a novel sometimes, particularly when interested in something.

Take care.

Last edited:
Thanks Ron, I guess that is the problem we face with these trucks. There are less and less vendors and parts to modify them. Back when I was more active I knew of a few shops states side that could do this work. Like Greg Good, not sure if he is still doing Viper stuff. I have to start doing my research again. And to get any work done states side with our current dollar ooof. Is there anyone in Western Canada that could be trusted with this work? Only mods on my truck is a Chris Jensen tune, American Racing headers, Borla exhaust and BBK throttle body.

Thanks Ron, I guess that is the problem we face with these trucks. There are less and less vendors and parts to modify them. Back when I was more active I knew of a few shops states side that could do this work. Like Greg Good, not sure if he is still doing Viper stuff. I have to start doing my research again. And to get any work done states side with our current dollar ooof. Is there anyone in Western Canada that could be trusted with this work? Only mods on my truck is a Chris Jensen tune, American Racing headers, Borla exhaust and BBK throttle body.

Unfortunately, I don't know, as I do my own work and am out of the loop as far as shops go.

I did have to ship my short block to Michigan for the machining I wanted. And that was a number of years ago.

Like you mentioned, you'll likely have to do some research.

Good.luck

Hey canviper! Glad to hear you still have your truck!

I am fighting cancer and don't get out that often, I haven't seen an SRT10 yet this year. :(

Sorry, I don't know of any shops that I would go to...Gen 3 is getting to be 20 years old.

Oldcolt great to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the cancer if you need anything message me anytime. I still haven’t got my truck out this year. Hope to take it for a quick fly by before winter when I get home in a few weeks. In the end the smartest and cheapest thing to do is just to leave my truck alone. But every season I think of yours and Ron’s builds and dream lol. With fewer shops doing such work and all states side with the bad dollar doing something like this just isn’t economical anymore. But my dream still lives on :)o_O

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back