Any Questions?

Hey truck lovers! Quick question (apologies if this is remedial) but I wanted to start a new thread on my JMB Procharger install to help other DIY’rs as it comes along but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to start a new thread. Is it because I do not have enough points/posts yet?

Thanks for the help!

To start a thread you should be able to hit the red rectangle in upper right corner that reads "post thread" in whatever forum section you want it to be on. That should open a place for you to create your thread. Once you title your thread and add your content - hit the button on the bottom left that reads " create thread "

that should do it

I'm using a mobile device it may be laid out different on a PC or laptop but you'll figure it out

If you get your thread figured out you can put this stuff there so folks will find it :cool:

If you have trouble posting your thread in the DIY section - try it under general discussion or whatever. There's a section I can't post on and I don't know why so not being able to post could be a glitch.

Hey truck lovers! Quick question (apologies if this is remedial) but I wanted to start a new thread on my JMB Procharger install to help other DIY’rs as it comes along but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to start a new thread. Is it because I do not have enough points/posts yet?

Thanks for the help!
DIY section is for supporting members only (read the small print under the forum title). I'm a mod & I can't even access it lol.

I see you’re showing your knowledge again Ronnie . and since you asked . Yes I have a question .

We know that the front calipers tend to lock up on the QC’s . Most over the years seem to say it’s moisture in the brakes . Being an Auto mechanic way way back and doing many brake jobs I have never seen as many or any problems locking up the calipers due to moisture as I’ve heard with these trucks . Seems everyone tries the rebuild kits and appears they still end up locking up again ‍♂️.

mine for example will lock up on one side then when it cools off will unlock but then the other side will lock up and then cool off and be fine for a little while and start all over again .

doing some research on the infamous YouTube I’ve been seeing that it may not be moisture but the bracket holding the brake line corroding and pinching the brake house to the point it interferes with the free flow back of the fluid .
In that case it would save people money and the time to rebuild calipers . Whats do you think ?

I have no idea if others that replace their hoses with the braid type and using the aftermarket hose clamps fixed the problems or how many of those rebuilt their calipers and replaced the brake lines .
I know brake fluid attracts moisture but it’s always done that .

Last edited:
I can't really comment about the bracket and/or brake line, but I do know that my front calipers locked up a few times when the truck was new, and it did seem to be from moisture getting in at a high-pressure car wash (?).

The calipers were rebuilt 16 years ago and haven't locked up since.

I can't really comment about the bracket and/or brake line, but I do know that my front calipers locked up a few times when the truck was new, and it did seem to be from moisture getting in at a high-pressure car wash (?).

The calipers were rebuilt 16 years ago and haven't locked up since.
Ok , Thanks Ronnie ,,,,,, Maybe someone else has just done the lines and it fixed the problem .. at least that possibility is out there .

How often has anyone had to replace their battery ?
I’m on my 5th battery since I bought the truck years ago . I have always bought one that meets the factor spec but different makes . I am in the hellhole heat of Florida ! Any recommendations for a long lasting battery .. It always happens at the most inopportune time .

Ronnie what are the factor wheels made of ? I’m looking to refinish clean up the inner side of brake dust and try and remove the pitting myself .. I’ve been reading using wet 1000 grit sand paper maybe 600 if pitting is bad .. what would you recommend for cleaners ,, I tried everything I could find .

Ronnie what are the factor wheels made of ? I’m looking to refinish clean up the inner side of brake dust and try and remove the pitting myself .. I’ve been reading using wet 1000 grit sand paper maybe 600 if pitting is bad .. what would you recommend for cleaners ,, I tried everything I could find .
Gas

How often has anyone had to replace their battery ?
I’m on my 5th battery since I bought the truck years ago . I have always bought one that meets the factor spec but different makes . I am in the hellhole heat of Florida ! Any recommendations for a long lasting battery .. It always happens at the most inopportune time .
I just bought one for the Queen. It's her third. First was what came in it, second was a DieHard and this one is from Battery Mart. I got the 850 cca and it has a 60 mo warranty - prorated like they do. Keeps the trickle charger doing it's job. :rolleyes:

I believe the factory wheels are polished aluminum made by Speedline. That's what came on mine.

Last edited:
They are an aluminum alloy.
As Wifey said, Speedline are O.E.M.
Simple Green, a stiff plastic brush and a garden hose works to magically transform them from black to silver again. But, it takes some work.

They are an aluminum alloy.
As Wifey said, Speedline are O.E.M.
Simple Green, a stiff plastic brush and a garden hose works to magically transform them from black to silver again. But, it takes some work.
Thanks .. It tried brkeleen , comit , and even scotch bright pads and majic ear Asher pads , winded , vinager, winded and everything else I had .. I got 1 clean except for the what looks like light pitting , black dots hahaha .. it’s only on the inside of the rims ….
For some reason I thought the wheels were Magnesium alloy !

thanks ,, I’ll be trying to clean them soon when I do the front brakes ..

Ok ,, I’m looking at the next oil change and seeing oils now that claim up to 75K protection … I’ve been using Mobil1 15w/50 forever and have never seen any oil advertised to last that amount of miles … has something changed and is there a better recommendation for the trucks .. I was changing mine at approx
5k regularly… the 15w50 has been great and I wasn’t loosing a guard ever like the 0w-40 and Royal purple did .. I’M SO CONFUSED LOL

Synthetic oils don't break down but they do get dirty; and with our engines, primarily from crankcase pollutants (blow-by).
A good catch can help extend oil change intervals.
I change mine at 4000 miles and it smells like it needs to come out by then. But I'm using a fairly low-tension top and 2nd ring.
I used Mobil-1 0-40 until the major engine overhaul and now use 0-30.

I wouldn't personally want to go 75,000 miles on these particular engines for fear the oil would likely find it's own way out, before going that long.

I don't know if this helps you or not.

Hey guys it’s been ages since I’ve been on here. I was trying to find info on a thread from a long time ago about the difference from an auto engine and manual and what had to be done to use an engine from a manual rc into an auto qc? Anyone know? Thanks

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back