What Did You Do to your Vehicle Today?

Finished installing Stinkers wires and coils. Also installed a JMB catch can and powder coated intake (color matched to the truck).
IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4176.jpg

Last edited:
SANTEEN said:
Finished installing Stinkers wires and coils. Also installed a JMB catch can and powder coated intake (color matched to the truck).
IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4176.jpg
How long did it take you?:dontknow:

SANTEEN said:
IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4176.jpg
Steve that looks GREAT, are you coming to Steele, Alabama??

That looks great. I'm going to call on Monday to see if they can get me one by the weekend. My truck is red, that would be a lot of red under the hood. What do you think Red or Reflective chrome?

I'm getting my intake and valve covers done gloss black with polished viper letters and radiator and fuse box cover

Da1Chief said:
Steve, Look Great, Congratulations .... :)
Thanks guys. I'm doing the valve covers next. They'll be gray with the letters in black. Trying to stick with a gray and black theme. Hopefully I can get the black wheels next.

bclark05 said:
How long did it take you?:dontknow:
About 6 hours. Three hours yesterday and another three today. I don't EVER want to do this again. Stinker's coils and wires better last. If not, his ass is coming down here to change them. :D Actually, his horny ass might like that. I'll have to make sure Joy is away that weekend.:D

FATJACK said:
Steve that looks GREAT, are you coming to Steele, Alabama??
Thanks Jack. No, wont be able to make Steele. I'm taking Joy skiing up in NC with my other viperlady and Alisha. By the way Jack, you dont know how easy it made it, having your extra intake here. It made it so there was no down time. Thank You!!! Will bring it back to you in Panama.

Nothing. My truck is still up on blocks at work. I should be able to drive it thur. or fri.:rock: :rock: :rock:

I only made this post to help get me to a 1,000 posts.

Finally sent ViperJeff my truck's info for his master list!!!

It's not snowing today, so I think I will start 'er up!!!!
:) :) :) :) :)

ordered flanges for my headers, stinker got my collectors ordered, cam is supposed to arrive today. finished porting one of my OEM exhaust manifolds last night and half of the other one. gonna paint one here shortly with the POR-15. started on them when i was going to go with a paxton, figured i would finish them. one down one to go

IMG00075.jpg

Last edited:
eddie102870 said:
ordered flanges for my headers, stinker got my collectors ordered, cam is supposed to arrive today. finished porting one of my OEM exhaust manifolds last night and half of the other one. gonna paint one here shortly with the POR-15. started on them when i was going to go with a paxton, figured i would finish them. one down one to go

Will POR 15 take the heat? Some coating will turn back to rust if you get them too hot. Iron phosphate chemical conversion coatings tend to do this. You might want to call them and ask. I would probably have the manifolds powder coated with Jet-Hot or equivalent.

Oh, and to keep within theme: I was depositing a check at the bank when the bank manager came out to talk about my truck. He was a huge fan. Then I drove immediately over to fill up at the gas station and a guy walked up and had all kinds of question about the truck -- said he loved it. Then I went to the grocery store to pick up some chips and beer and a guy stopped me in the parking lot to ask questions about the truck -- said he wanted one.

All of this took place within a 2 hour period. It's amazing what impact a fresh coat of wax can have on your daily life....

Last edited:
WOT said:
Will POR 15 take the heat? Some coating will turn back to rust if you get them too hot. Iron phosphate chemical conversion coatings tend to do this. You might want to call them and ask. I would probably have the manifolds powder coated with Jet-Hot or equivalent.
called them before i bought it, it's supposed to work:D

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
didnt you start coating them in october?:D
bout the same time you start on my motor:D no i started grinding on them in october, took a few months off for hunting season

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back