Mopar Gen IV hybrid install... underway

I talked with the designer of the package from Arrow Engines and they are going to remedy the situation. The computer has 3 main differences between the car and the truck, so that will be corrected. Also they ran the truck with stock fuel pressure and were way to lean. Gen IV fuel pump will help. I look for a great improvement in the near future according to the designer. Also a better cam will really make a difference.

:rock::burnout::rock::burnout:

so the gen 4's run higher fuel pressure or more volume????

would a duel pump set up work & still keep the driveability goal in sight????

Yes , higher fuel pressure, and because of very different combustion chambers there is going to be a significant spark advance difference. According to Arrow. WA 2 FST's tune was for a Gen III head, although it runs, it can be improved quite a bit. Arrow was analizing the dyno graph and AF sent to them from ART.

Last edited:
I dont know how or what they sold you but something is WRONG.. maybe you need to open that up or cam or i dont know.. But i tell you this,, my dyno looked like the truck was FI, the hp shot up like a rocket.. none of this slow long slope close to stock... if you want pm me and i can get someone on the phone for you who knows what there doing with these heads and set ups..

Here is the dyno graph.

To make sure everything is disclosed (for the sake of fairness and honesty, not to save anyone's hurt feelings), understand that the baseline run was using a canned tuned ECM. I had my OEM ECM shipped to Mopar and was using this canned tuned one to drive the truck down to ART. Otherwise, I had been running with a Roe-tuned SCT program with my OEM ECM. You may be able to tell from the graph that this canned tune was extremely lean (14.0:1 at WOT), and there was some very mild audible knock. I don't know what it would have made at a safer 13.0:1, but probably down 10hp/10tq or so is my educated guess.

Either way... the package is still short of what was advertised.

Also, you will see that up until ~4200, the stock graph and current setup are almost identical. Looks like a slight loss of TQ from 3500-4000, but that is easily within the error factor of the dyno from run-to-run. From 4200-6000, is where the gains were.

Certainly looks like a matched cam would make a significant difference.

1492-wes-gen4-conversion.jpg

Ok, timeout. First of all... it didn't lose TQ. It didn't really pick up any, but it carried the TQ out further up the rpm band, so the HP gains were at the top-end (4200-redline).

Second, I do agree... seems down on power potential...that's already been overstated to this point.

Third... to this point in time, the stock fuel pump did not run out of volume. Just b/c ART ran it on the stock pump, doesn't mean it ran lean. In fact, it ran rich, and fuel had to be taken out to get the A/F ratio to 13.0:1 at WOT.

Fourth... if and when the pump runs out of volume (only necessary if it actually goes lean... which certainly may happen at a higher power output), a larger pump will be installed. ART isn't going to install something if I don't need it. As the truck sits right now... it does not need it.

Fifth... great to hear Arrow/Mopar are going to take care of me. I didn't have any doubts they would deliver the hardware I paid for (including a recalibrated ECM). **They have been great about working to resolve the first issue with the recal.** That is the last piece to the puzzle. we don't have that data yet, so we'll see what happens and I will report back. :D

Also, the Viper Gen IV fuel pump will not work in the truck tank according to ART. But that doesn't mean they cannot install a larger one, if and when it becomes necessary.

:adore::adore: Again thank you for being the guinea pig and going through a ridiculous amount of stress and sleepless nights to get this package hammered out for us...:five:

Thank you for a ture and honest report on this kit. When finally done testing this kit, I hope everything works out for you.:rock:

& the next good to come out of this is the question:

is this for a car or a truck?????:rock::rock::rock:

& the next good to come out of this is the question:

is this for a car or a truck?????:rock::rock::rock:

that was answered before it was even asked... more than once. ;)

But, hey... the ECU is supposed to arrive tomorrow to ART, so its all good.

<fingers crossed>

Its still an improvement from what you had. Im sure there is something thats holding it back and you being the first with kit on truck. It just has to be figured out. Dont let it get you down. GL.

A.R.T. rec'd the ECU today. Installed it in the truck and put it on the dyno. I will not bore anyone with the details, but it did not pick up any power (lost a little, actually) and ran too rich.

So I am leaving the A.R.T tune in it, of course, and will be picking up the truck on Thursday.

Will report about driveability and driving impressions when I get it home and I'm back online.

Hopefully they can get it sorted out for you. Could you tell me what you have done to your GT500?

Hopefully they can get it sorted out for you. Could you tell me what you have done to your GT500?

There's nothing to sort out at this point. I will research camshaft options... of course, that involves making sure P/V clearance will be ok, matched valvesprings, etc.

GT500... upgraded the blower to the TVS 2300 unit. It is warrantied by Ford b/c it is a Ford Racing product, so it does not compromise the factory warranty. It is tuned very conservatively, and only puts out 12psi, its just a lot more efficient than the factory blower. CAI, cat-back exhaust, and tune. Bumped power 135+rwhp over stock with just those mods...stock manifolds, stock cat H-pipe.

There's nothing to sort out at this point. I will research camshaft options... of course, that involves making sure P/V clearance will be ok, matched valvesprings, etc.

GT500... upgraded the blower to the TVS 2300 unit. It is warrantied by Ford b/c it is a Ford Racing product, so it does not compromise the factory warranty. It is tuned very conservatively, and only puts out 12psi, its just a lot more efficient than the factory blower. CAI, cat-back exhaust, and tune. Bumped power 135+rwhp over stock with just those mods...stock manifolds, stock cat H-pipe.

There are a few guys that can help you in the cam spec dept.:)

Thanks for the Shelby info. My buddy has an 09 that he is getting 'tuned' up.:D

Let me know if your interested in a custom grind, i'd be very excited to work on this project with you.
Justin

I called this as soon as I saw that package become available. This is what happens when Mopar claims numbers based on a complete package, and then sells you an incomplete package. Pretty much the same as selling you 1500 horsepower Twin Turbo package, and then telling you after its installed that the turbochargers aren't included, and its actually just an extravagant normally aspirated package until you buy those too and put them on.

Good thing I am ahead of the curve on this one :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back